Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr and Mrs Smith / Hyatt Integration Teaser Announcement and Gift Card Promo [2023]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mr and Mrs Smith / Hyatt Integration Teaser Announcement and Gift Card Promo [2023]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2024, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Can someone else also confirm they also received 4x? I am a bit surprised anything not coded "travel" would earn 4x instead of 1x.
Yes definitely got the 4x. It comes through as a Hyatt Find experience which absolutely activates the 4x Hyatt spend.
escape4 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by sullim4
Rancho Caymus Inn. We booked for our 10th wedding anniversary, which was coming up in late May/early June. Needless to say room rates on weekends in Napa aren't cheap. The cost per night was in the $700-range with tax... so 3 nights came to $2100. I bought enough gift cards to cover that, and with the Mr/Mrs Smith promo giving out 1 free night for every $300 in spend, I got 7 nights out of the deal.

Frankly this deal was better than booking any of the native Hyatt properties. Alila and Andaz were more expensive that weekend and would have only netted 3 nights credit.
I just did the same. Booked a 2 night stay at the Madeline in Telluride this summer. I bought $2100 in gifts cards which gave me 7 nights instead of two if this was a Hyatt booking. Plus I have some money left over on the gift card to book something else down the road. Not a bad promo, it's definitely much better than booking through Expedia instead.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Can I use gift card for taxes? For this reservation, do I get $1200 or $1500 in gift cards?

atojbk likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by SP03
Can I use gift card for taxes? For this reservation, do I get $1200 or $1500 in gift cards?

The gift card covers taxes so buy $1500 worth then pay the remaining balance on your credit card which they will need anyway to hold the reservation. I had to call Mr & Mrs Smith directly to book since I was using multiple gift cards.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
The gift card covers taxes so buy $1500 worth then pay the remaining balance on your credit card which they will need anyway to hold the reservation. I had to call Mr & Mrs Smith directly to book since I was using multiple gift cards.
Just found out that booking through hotel directly is about half of the price. I see that Mr. and Mrs Smith offer BRG. How would that work with gift card? Do I have to use gift card initially or can I add gift card after booking and BRG?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:36 pm

Just found out that booking through hotel directly is about half of the price. I see that Mr. and Mrs Smith offer BRG. How would that work with gift card? Do I have to use gift card initially or can I add gift card after booking and BRG?
I have no idea on that question. The total cost of my stay in Telluride through Mr & Mrs Smith is about the same all in as booking directly at the hotel. I would point this price different out to a Mr & Mrs Smith travel agent. Let us know how that goes.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:58 pm

Programs: SK Gold
You can book first and the use one or more gift cards later, either by calling or by using the chat function. I have done this several times already. Using a gift card will turn a flexible reservation into a prepaid reservation.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:47 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by Travel4Love
You can book first and the use one or more gift cards later, either by calling or by using the chat function. I have done this several times already. Using a gift card will turn a flexible reservation into a prepaid reservation.
So is it possible to book directly with the hotel on a flexible booking and then call MAMS to apply the gift card(s) to that booking?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Sydfly
So is it possible to book directly with the hotel on a flexible booking and then call MAMS to apply the gift card(s) to that booking?
No
Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:30 am

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Is there a Problem Buying GC through MAMS or WOH? When I called MAMS I was told if you buy through MAMS you will not get the promo benefits. So when I called WOH they transfered me back to MAMS. wt....?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by TRANSWORLDMARINE
Is there a Problem Buying GC through MAMS or WOH? When I called MAMS I was told if you buy through MAMS you will not get the promo benefits. So when I called WOH they transfered me back to MAMS. wt....?
Buy here. The purchase will be linked to your Hyatt account for your points and EQNs.
https://mrmrssmith.redeam.com/
Old Mar 29, 2024, 6:49 pm

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Thank you!
Old Mar 31, 2024, 6:07 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TRANSWORLDMARINE
Thank you!
Can I ask if you managed to complete the purchase? I tried to add both E-gift and physical cards to the cart but it says not available.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 6:18 am

It worked yesterday. I just tried to purchase more GCs today and it says "not available".
Old Mar 31, 2024, 6:20 am

Programs: SK Gold
I have done this in the past, where it was very easy. Maybe you can try and use the MrandMrsSmith chat function to see whether they can help? I have found their agents to be extremely helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.