Apply now to the TAROM Glam' Board !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Apply now to the TAROM Glam' Board !

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2002, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, UA-Prem, BA-Silver, SPG-PLT, Hyatt-PLT, Hilton-GLD
Seeing as you already have both a beancounter and an (unofficial) CFO - I gladly nominate myself as VP - Aircraft Leasing / Offshore Tax Havens. Funding this airline is going to take a lot of money (think of Pucci's uniform/tiara costs, and the cost of keeping a huge supply of fresh fish onboard - of course we'll save money on the cabin boy's uniforms).

This position will require a lot of personal visits to a number of the world's tax havens (and this all brings new meaning to the words "off-balance sheet partnerships"). Now if we could only find someway of making the Pines or P-town tax havens as they have the offshore thing going for them already!
Old Feb 13, 2002, 11:27 pm

SMessier,
You are one tres classique guy! The goat does not ride in coach.

Pucci,
I hereby officially give you permission to address me directly. You need not relay messages to me through a third party. You yourself said that I was literate--in fact, most mere humans are amazed at (and usually jealous of) my super human cognitive faculties.

I simply cannot see what I could have done to encourage your rude and disparaging remarks. I bear you no ill will.

I propose a solution that should suit us all. Pucci can nominate Him Indoors to be mascot--and I shall apply for Senior VP/Tyrant of Sudden FF Program Changes; working under the official title of TAROM TYRANT . Of course my job will mostly entail enjoying employee class to TAROMS glammest locales, as I shall be making very few program changes. Double status miles for all and cheese on all pizzas.

I would, of course, still provide organic California fromage de chèvre for the Tupolev Lounge.

I think this would be the most suitable solution for all. CEO, what say you?
Old Feb 14, 2002, 1:32 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by the-ca-goat:
SMessier:
You are one tres classique guy! The goat does not ride in coach.
</font>
No one's ever called the VP for Animal Upgrades unclassy! Since we've been discussing TAROM official songs, may I offer the following (sing along if you know the tune):

I am a simple old goat
I live on the back of a pickup truck
The old man tied me here with a 3-foot rope
Am I happy, he don't give a [bad word]

------------------
Got to 1000 posts, one meaningless post at a time.
Old Feb 14, 2002, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of shiny colors
FlyLots, you don't just appoint yourself VP around here.
First you need to make hefty bribes to me, then prove your worth in a Mojito contest with the Goddesses (don't expect to win), then pass our Empress manners exam, then get reviewed by HR.

All the while, our Senior VP of Security will be busy checking your dental records and passing all the dirt he finds on you to fellow board members...

TAROM TYRANT?...will this be our very first CSD? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif
Old Feb 14, 2002, 3:11 pm

Bagsy SVP of stuffing those annoying inserts in the Inflight magazine -'LowLife'
Old Feb 15, 2002, 5:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
We welcome another Goddess to TAROM. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif
Old Feb 20, 2002, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just so you all know... the
VP Inflight Entertainment and Beverages was busy this week negotiating a deal with the folks at Red Hook...
http://chexfan.tripod.com/Japan_guy_RedHook.MPG

I can't decide if they're GLAM enough...
Old Mar 16, 2002, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
May I apply for the position of Vice President of Loopholes? If so honored, I will first take charge of rewriting the rules of our FF program so that not a single one of our customers could possibly fail to be unable to comprehend the rules and requirements which unexceptionably could not possibly omit to be applied to any flights which they might take upon our airline. (The preceding sentence is a free sample.)

I would also like to moonlight in the Marketing Department, in particular to work on the development of a new level of service, "Ceaucescu Class." It will be truly regal, at least until the passengers are brought down to earth.

And in my duties as Director of Legal Compliance I would ensure that all flight staff of my favored gender are fit for duty under all applicable regulations, by personal inspection if necessary.

[The question now on my mind is where this thread will land when it's eventually moved from "Misposted Threads." It's too travel-related to be OMNI, it's not travel-related enough to be MilesBuzz or TravelBuzz, and it isn't an "In The News" item. We've done it! We've created a topic for which there is no category!]

[This message has been edited by Law Lord (edited 03-21-2002).]
Old Mar 17, 2002, 1:18 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Why not make all PAX who fly on TAROM Glam a V.P.? This would sure empower the pax to fix problems on their own. Other airlines merely promote the stupid and corrupt to high management positions. Perhaps TAROM would make a good pax run airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.