Reload this Page >

Please call the FAA Security Hotliine 866-289-9673

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please call the FAA Security Hotliine 866-289-9673

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2002, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dhacker:
If the line wasn't busy and they answered on the first ring, Bobmcd or dingo would no doubt complain about lazy Feds sitting on their butts waiting for the phone to ring.</font>
And I'd be right wouldn't I? No one answers on the first ring any more. I can't even call myself without navigating a VRU system.

Dhacker, I recently had two experiences with federal workers (postal and education) that take the cake for laziness and sloth. Removing incentive and accountability to federalize anything (postal, education, student loans, health care and so on and on and on and on) is not the right answer. I also understand that it is possible only because we have a majority of disinterested or uninformed citizens...of course, they were educated by government employees weren't they?

No flame war, my opinion. If you take it personally, sorry. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Edited to add tag lines for my two experiences:

Postal worker to my wife: It's not in my job description to get out my car and deliver mail. (due to road construction on our street that required her to do so for nine houses...the distance: four feet per mailbox)

Teacher to another teacher: sometimes you have to just make us all look good and give them the answers (to the final exam; teacher making the comment had one student fail, the one who didn't give answers had 13 out of 84 pass)

[This message has been edited by dingo (edited 02-24-2002).]
Old Feb 24, 2002, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spiff, and dingo, I completely agree. This "security" insanity is snowballing into a world where the US government tracks our business and our movements and monitors our every move. The only places they can't peer is our house, but with credit card records that they can view (without court order), cellphones they can tap (without court order), and profiling, this is a very serious slope we are falling down with very little public outcry.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 12:02 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I plan on calling the FAA hotline each and every time I am subjected to stupid/pointless security. New procedure at the airport: 1)check in 2)wait in line, be subjected to delays/abuse 3)clear security, call FAA right then and there. 4)board (providing #2 hasn't made 3) and 4) impossible.

------------------
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither." - Ben Franklin
Old Feb 24, 2002, 2:49 pm

Why are they taking away all of the police and National Guard away from the cities, and placing them at airports? Seems self defeating if you ask me. Since they have done this, more people are being slaughtered and butchered on the streets of our American cities. Now that is what I call making the American public feel safe.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, well now you have "soldiers" telling civilians what to do, an element of marshall law, with no real war declared.

It's amazing how little outcry there is about all of this.
Old Feb 25, 2002, 8:26 am

I agree that this is an inappropriate use of the line (and I have used the line to report security lapses at 2 airports and have actually received an email back).
Old Feb 25, 2002, 9:22 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I'm now "conditioned" to never report any so-called "breach" of "security". Why? Because the last thing I want to have happen is a 3+ hour delay while these jackasses empty an airport to discover discarded gumbo or a nail file that someone managed to sneak by "security". I plan on ignoring such sightings and hope that if they're discovered, it's long after I'm gone and can't be inconvenienced any further. There's just no intelligent response to these problems any more - it's like there's a giant flow chart and all the arrows point to "empty the terminal and rescreen everyone". The words "think" and "decide" and most of all "common sense" are completely left off.

My policy: "security" lapse? It's an S.E.P. (Someone Else's Problem - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

------------------
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither." - Ben Franklin
Old Feb 25, 2002, 9:39 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dingo:
And I'd be right wouldn't I? No one answers on the first ring any more. I can't even call myself without navigating a VRU system.

Dhacker, I recently had two experiences with federal workers (postal and education) that take the cake for laziness and sloth. Removing incentive and accountability to federalize anything (postal, education, student loans, health care and so on and on and on and on) is not the right answer. I also understand that it is possible only because we have a majority of disinterested or uninformed citizens...of course, they were educated by government employees weren't they?

No flame war, my opinion. If you take it personally, sorry. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Edited to add tag lines for my two experiences:

Postal worker to my wife: It's not in my job description to get out my car and deliver mail. (due to road construction on our street that required her to do so for nine houses...the distance: four feet per mailbox)

Teacher to another teacher: sometimes you have to just make us all look good and give them the answers (to the final exam; teacher making the comment had one student fail, the one who didn't give answers had 13 out of 84 pass)

[This message has been edited by dingo (edited 02-24-2002).]
</font>
Hey, can't we all just get along? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif
No need to cause flame wars and violate the TOS. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif
I myself have never caused any flame wars, just defended myself against them http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rolleyes.gif
Everyone have a great day! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif
Old Feb 25, 2002, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
ParadoxII, I thought your exact same post in the thread on headphones was good, but this one rocks! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsup.gif

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.