Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by youfly
Hi, does anyone know about the email address for NWA's WorldPerks programme to inquiry about status match. I have emailed to [email protected] with status match request and my Star Alliance Gold as well as other elite cards but got an negative reply as below. Any tips / advices would be most appreciated! thanks a lot!!! ^
Again, you need to either fax in or mail in your credentials.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: FB Platinum; BD*Gold; SPG Platinum, PriorityClub Platinum, HHonors Gold...
thanks so much for your reply. could you please let me know the fax number? i cannot find it in the messages (there are so many threads . the address i have is: WorldPerks Operations
601 Oak St
Chisholm MN 55719-1995
United States of America

is it correct?

thanks for your help! ^
Old Oct 16, 2008, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Per the first post of this thread:
Manager WorldPerks Operations
601 Oak St,
Chisholm MN 55719-1995

Or by fax to 218-254-7567

Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:20 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
If anyone has recently matched to NW, how long did your status last for, and when did you match? I would like to match, as I have some NW flights upcoming. However, if it is best to wait until 2009 I will (if my status will last all year)
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, NW Plat
Did anyone fax in their request to or hear from NW this week? I faxed them my request a week ago but still haven't heard from them yet.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:41 am

Recent reports in this thread suggest that your status with NW will be good thru the 2009 program year if you do it now.

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
If anyone has recently matched to NW, how long did your status last for, and when did you match? I would like to match, as I have some NW flights upcoming. However, if it is best to wait until 2009 I will (if my status will last all year)
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imaries
Recent reports in this thread suggest that your status with NW will be good thru the 2009 program year if you do it now.
Correct, good through Feb. 2010.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 1:07 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Did anyone fax in their request to or hear from NW this week? I faxed them my request a week ago but still haven't heard from them yet.
My collegue also has same problem... nothing heard yet... which is the correct fax number btw? The one stated in the 1st page of this thread?
Old Oct 16, 2008, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fims
My collegue also has same problem... nothing heard yet... which is the correct fax number btw? The one stated in the 1st page of this thread?
Yes....
Old Oct 16, 2008, 2:00 pm

Programs: AF/KL silver, Sixt Plat., BMI *G, Northwest Gold, Iberia nothing, Spanair Blue
Email reply

Email reply 3 days after enquiry through WorldPerks online inquiry form ^

"xxxx
Mr PARMAD
October 16, 2008

Dear Mr PARMAD:

Thank you for contacting Northwest Airlines regarding a possible upgrade
of your WorldPerks account to an Elite status.

While you did not accumulate the necessary mileage credit through the
Northwest WorldPerks program, we would like to review your flight
activity for a possible exception. Please forward actual copies of your
most recent BMI Airlines mileage statements for the past two months. We
will also accept a copy of your latest six months online BMI Airlines
activity, provided your year-to-date Elite qualifying miles are
included.

Please send this information to:

WorldPerks Customer Service Center
Attn: Emily Hayes
601 Oak St
Chisholm MN 55719-1995

Or via fax at 218-254-7567

Please be advised that we are unable to accept the following forms of
documentation--travel agency reports, letters of Elite status,
membership cards indicating Elite status with another airline, or travel
itineraries.

Please also note, for security measures, we are not able to access or
open attachments/scanned material.

We appreciate your interest in the WorldPerks program and would consider
it a privilege to serve your future air travel needs.

If we can be of further assistance with a WorldPerks issue, do not
hesitate to contact the WorldPerks Service Center E-mail or
1-800-447-3757.

Sincerely,

Ronnie XXXX
WorldPerks Customer Service Center"
Old Oct 20, 2008, 2:17 pm

Programs: CO
Stupid quetions:Should I switch?

Hi everyone, I could use some advice.

I live in AK and I'm about to make Continental Gold Elite, but I fly a lot of little in state jaunts with Alaska Airlines. Alaska credits me for the flights with CO, but I get no upgrades, accessibility, etc. Not to mention just about everyone around here is an Alaska MVP. I fly every month or so somewhere in state, but also do several trips a year down to the Lower 48 (I did 5-6 cross continentals this year). We're planning to live in AK for at least 6 months next year, but hopefully moving back to the Lower 48 after next summer (or whenever the military says we can). My travel schedule should be pretty much the same next year as it is this one. I currently have 5 trips scheduled between now and end of year--3 in state on Alaska, 1 to the Lower 48 on AK, 1 down South that goes across 3 airlines (NW, Delta & Continental).

Question(s): does status matching imply that I have to "give up" my status on CO? If so, should I try to match to Alaska? The other option is to match to NW (which, correct me if I'm wrong, does get you upgrades on Alaska Air). Upgrades and seat availability are the big issues with me, especially the ability to upgrade companion at Gold.

Thanks in advance everyone!
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Sciarella
Hi everyone, I could use some advice.

I live in AK and I'm about to make Continental Gold Elite, but I fly a lot of little in state jaunts with Alaska Airlines. Alaska credits me for the flights with CO, but I get no upgrades, accessibility, etc. Not to mention just about everyone around here is an Alaska MVP. I fly every month or so somewhere in state, but also do several trips a year down to the Lower 48 (I did 5-6 cross continentals this year). We're planning to live in AK for at least 6 months next year, but hopefully moving back to the Lower 48 after next summer (or whenever the military says we can). My travel schedule should be pretty much the same next year as it is this one. I currently have 5 trips scheduled between now and end of year--3 in state on Alaska, 1 to the Lower 48 on AK, 1 down South that goes across 3 airlines (NW, Delta & Continental).

Question(s): does status matching imply that I have to "give up" my status on CO? If so, should I try to match to Alaska? The other option is to match to NW (which, correct me if I'm wrong, does get you upgrades on Alaska Air). Upgrades and seat availability are the big issues with me, especially the ability to upgrade companion at Gold.

Thanks in advance everyone!
Hi Sciarella, and welcome to Flyertalk!

I never look into this thread, and first time I click on it... someone I can help

I am in Eagle River (ANC for all practicality) and fly AS enough each year to maintain MVPG (That is 40K on AS metal, 50K including partners)

If you were staying in Alaska, then I would strongly encourage you to switch to AS (Alaska Airlines), as they are 'the airline' up here, if you want to move around, or leave the State. And most other airlines partner with us for inter or intra state travel. So earning miles is not an issue.

As for when you move... it depends on where you move to... AS' route system is strong on the West Coast, with flights to BOS, EWR, DEN, DFW, MIA, MCO, MSP (soon), ORD and 10 destinations in Mexico, plus Hawaii. If this works, great~ not sure on the details, but you can fax in your 'status' to AS and they usually will extend to you MVP/G status for the next year.

As for 'abandoning' CO, to 'reearn' AS status... you may need to abandon them... but if you switch now, then you can think about it on the next few flights... maybe UG'd

ANC-SEA is very competitive... but if traveling on non-peak times/days its still possible for UG's...

And AS partners are very good... CO however does not count for earning the all mighty EQM's... but DL, NW, AA, AF, KL all count!

So... I say YES, but then again I am biased
Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:49 am

Finally got the email from NWA. Plat thru 2010.

Old Oct 21, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: CO
Originally Posted by beckoa
Hi Sciarella, and welcome to Flyertalk!

I never look into this thread, and first time I click on it... someone I can help

I am in Eagle River (ANC for all practicality) and fly AS enough each year to maintain MVPG (That is 40K on AS metal, 50K including partners)

If you were staying in Alaska, then I would strongly encourage you to switch to AS (Alaska Airlines), as they are 'the airline' up here, if you want to move around, or leave the State. And most other airlines partner with us for inter or intra state travel. So earning miles is not an issue.

As for when you move... it depends on where you move to... AS' route system is strong on the West Coast, with flights to BOS, EWR, DEN, DFW, MIA, MCO, MSP (soon), ORD and 10 destinations in Mexico, plus Hawaii. If this works, great~ not sure on the details, but you can fax in your 'status' to AS and they usually will extend to you MVP/G status for the next year.

As for 'abandoning' CO, to 'reearn' AS status... you may need to abandon them... but if you switch now, then you can think about it on the next few flights... maybe UG'd

ANC-SEA is very competitive... but if traveling on non-peak times/days its still possible for UG's...

And AS partners are very good... CO however does not count for earning the all mighty EQM's... but DL, NW, AA, AF, KL all count!

So... I say YES, but then again I am biased
Thanks, I appreciate it! I'm in ER too, btw, but work in ANC.

I've got 4 more little hops before I make the CO Gold, so I'll wait until then to fax in my status in the hopes of getting MVP Gold. I don't anticipate doing all this travel in 2010 when we're in the Lower 48 (NM probably), so really I'm just trying to secure 2009 while I'm still playing road warrior. It royally stinks to be in First Class on NW and CO and then not even be in the front half of the plane on AS!
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE, NW*Plat, Hilton-Diamond
Smile 3 business day turnaround

Originally Posted by Fims
I faxed in my info last Friday October 21st and just received my confirmation of match from AC-SE to Plat Elite through February 28, 2010

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.