Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Flyer Lifetime Status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2003, 9:44 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by shillard:
As previously mentioned, QF elites can also qualify for lifetime free membership by obtaining lifetime gold, at 14,000 status credits (the equivalent of 10 cunningly planned F RTW trips).</font>
Or those who are really cunning can do it in 4 trips. As an academic exercise I worked out the maximum for an AONE6, and it is 3800 status credits (also 170K QF miles). Not bad for approx. AUD 16K, and almost all of the cities are ones that I would want to visit (great places like Easter Island, for example, though I suppose IPC can't be called a city). I suspect another 10% could be added to the mileage and status credits if the routing is picked solely for maximum credit.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 10:45 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by laptop9999:
Anyone know if Alaska Airlines has Lifetime elite program?</font>
No they do not.
I have e-mailed them suggesting that they consider it. If enough people e-mail them maybe they will.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Mar 11, 2003, 8:57 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:

Although they don't use the word lifetime.. rather, status is renewed annually. (Sounds to many of us like this way they could pull the plug some point.)
</font>
DL had responded to someone (as reported in the DL forum) saying they don't use lifetime any more b/c you could be 1MM and get Silver, then hit 2MM and get Gold - so to call it "lifetime" would be a misnomer.

That being said, we all know what happened to TWA's "lifetime" lounge membership.

Of all the things they mess with, I doubt denying benes specifically to million-milers will be on DL's agenda. (They may dilute the SM/GM/PM status, but I doubt they'll back away from the multi-million mile clubs.)
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:05 am

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
I do find it odd that American has never officially publicised its lifetime programs. They will tell you about it over the phone and they will send you a letter in the mail saying that you are lifetime gold/platinum, but there is nothing on their web site about it.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 4:31 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

PremEx - AA counts all miles. Credit Card, phone, partner, anything that hits your account, transfers, not just bonuses....
Old Mar 13, 2003, 12:02 am

Continental had a program in the early to mid 90's whereby if you achieved gold 5 years in a row, you got infinite elite for life. Holders of that status are today actually Platinum Elite for life. The program was created to lure passengers onto an airline that was last choice for many. The qualifying period ended long ago while the few that qualified continue the status.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 6:43 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Lifetime Status

An AA rep once told me that if I accumulate 1,000,000 program miles (not necessarily EQM) I will have Gold status for life. I have never seen this actually printed anywahere. As I am currently at 961K lifetime program miles and am very curious. Can anyone confirm this? If there a way to get Platinum for life (I find being Platinum is tons better than Gold from a customer service/free upgrade perspective). Do any other airlines do this?

[This message has been edited by pushback (edited Jan 22, 2004).]
Old Jan 22, 2004, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Yes, at 1mm you'll get lifetime gold, and at 2mm you'll get lifetime plat. Take a look in the AA forum, as you'll find various threads on this topic there.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 7:06 pm

Does anyone know of any other airlines that offer lifetime status counting miles rather then EQMs?
Old Jan 22, 2004, 7:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jasons2e:
Does anyone know of any other airlines that offer lifetime status counting miles rather then EQMs?</font>
Just AA that I know of.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:42 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Alaska Airlines will give you MVP Gold for life also at 1mm.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 12:02 am

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Yes, but you only have to fly 2873 segments between SJC and SEA to get it!

(Yes, I know... they go to Russia and Mexico too... but I don't!)

In all fairness, I did ask the question.

Will they comp lifetime gold against AA? That I would love to sea! ;-)

[This message has been edited by pushback (edited Jan 23, 2004).]
Old Jan 23, 2004, 12:06 am
Community Director Emerita

United gives lifetime Premier Executive status for 1,000,000 actual miles flown on UA metal. I have lifetime status on AA (2MM including all sources of miles) and UA (1MM only from flown UA miles) and I can attest to the far greater difficulty of achieving it thru miles flown.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 5:23 am

KLM are offering lifetime PE status after ten years at that level.

"Complimentary lifetime Platinum Elite membership
KLM’s most loyal customers, Platinum Elite FD members, now can be eligible for a complimentary lifetime Platinum Elite membership after having qualified as a PE member for ten consecutive years.* Lifetime members are entitled to all PE services for the rest of their life without having to qualify for PE membership each year**!
*Threshold options may change annually.
**Eligible PE members currently holding an extended membership will receive their lifetime card on completion thereof "

Nigel

Old Jan 23, 2004, 6:12 am

Many used the "valuemags" promotion a couple of years ago to get the AA lifetime status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.