21,000 onepass for checking account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

21,000 onepass for checking account

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by yuel
Looks like they change which card qualifies.

"Get another 11,000 bonus miles2 and earn 1 mile for every $1 in qualifying purchases3 with the Chase Continental Airlines Preferred Debit Card for a $65 annual fee per checking account."
Indeed something has changed. They separated to two sentences.
Previous one:
Get another 11,000 bonus miles and earn 1 mile for every $1 in qualifying purchases with the Chase Continental Airlines Preferred Debit Card for a $65 annual fee per checking account or choose a lower annual fee option and earn 1 mile for every $2 in qualifying purchases with the Chase Continental Airlines Debit Card for a $25 annual fee per checking account.

Current one:
Get another 11,000 bonus miles and earn 1 mile for every $1 in qualifying purchases with the Chase Continental Airlines Preferred Debit Card for a $65 annual fee per checking account.
Or choose a lower annual fee option and earn 1 mile for every $2 in qualifying purchases with the Chase Continental Airlines Debit Card for a $25 annual fee per checking account.

Previously they gave 11,000 miles even for $25 annual fee check card. Now I'm not sure.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, CO Plat, BD*G, NW, DL, Priority Club, SPG & Marriott
Will they let you open an account even if Chase doesn't have a local branch at my location?
Old Jan 10, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I was able to open a Chase account by calling a branch in Dallas. The banker took down all my information and I had to fax over a copy of my DL and another form of ID. I received an overnight package to sign the signature card. The only bad thing is that you will have to go to a branch to deposit b/c WAMU branches cannot take deposits, but that is suppose to change soon. I still may have the banker's info if anyone needs it.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 6:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sna430
I was able to open a Chase account by calling a branch in Dallas. The banker took down all my information and I had to fax over a copy of my DL and another form of ID. I received an overnight package to sign the signature card. The only bad thing is that you will have to go to a branch to deposit b/c WAMU branches cannot take deposits, but that is suppose to change soon. I still may have the banker's info if anyone needs it.
So essentially you do need to physically make it to a branch to make this deal happen? You were able to "open" an account over the phone, but could not fund it over the phone, correct?

I'm in the Washington DC area, & I was dumbfounded to discover that there are no CHASE Branches within 50 miles? Any suggestions for me?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 7:58 am

I got 21k for ING dd and a $25 debit card

I opened an account in NYC last September. Deposited a couple of hundred dollars and got the $25 debit card. I set up a $25 dd monthly from my ING account. 2,500 miles posted within about 6 weeks and then nothing more so I called in early December to see about the rest and was told they would investigate and get back to me. Heard nothing so I called again mid December and within a couple of days the other 18,500 posted. These have now gone to Amtrak and maybe one day they will show up in my Choice account.
WAMU is now merging with Chase and I got an offer from WAMU of $100 for opening an account with them so I just did that and I'll probably close my Chase a/c now and try and open another one next time I'm in a city with a branch.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by asandrs
I opened an account in NYC last September. Deposited a couple of hundred dollars and got the $25 debit card. I set up a $25 dd monthly from my ING account. 2,500 miles posted within about 6 weeks and then nothing more so I called in early December to see about the rest and was told they would investigate and get back to me. Heard nothing so I called again mid December and within a couple of days the other 18,500 posted. These have now gone to Amtrak and maybe one day they will show up in my Choice account.
WAMU is now merging with Chase and I got an offer from WAMU of $100 for opening an account with them so I just did that and I'll probably close my Chase a/c now and try and open another one next time I'm in a city with a branch.
would that be a Orange savings account or an electric Orange account?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
I was able to open the Chase account online because there are no Chase banks in all of California. I funded it with a Continental credit card to also earn miles with no fee. I had to chat online with a rep but when he entered the code he said that he was not able to get it to work. I called Chase the next day , talked to another rep and got it all worked out. They sent me a letter that I would get the 21,000 miles. Even though I spent abot 2 hours of calling and steetingthis up it is worth it.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 7:49 am

To Rightan's question

It's an Orange savings account.
Andy.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Any More Details?

Originally Posted by Simba
I was able to open the Chase account online because there are no Chase banks in all of California. I funded it with a Continental credit card to also earn miles with no fee. I had to chat online with a rep but when he entered the code he said that he was not able to get it to work. I called Chase the next day , talked to another rep and got it all worked out. They sent me a letter that I would get the 21,000 miles. Even though I spent abot 2 hours of calling and steetingthis up it is worth it.
Simba -- Thanks for this hopefully valuable information! I have a few questions for ya. First off, who/what department within Chase was eventually able to get it "all worked out"? (& what dept. was not able to get it to work?)

Or is it just a total crapshoot with no method to the madness? Do you personally have prior experience funding Chase Banking Accounts with a Chase Credit Card? & if so can you indeed confirm that there are no fees of any type & you do get miles for the funded amount, (ie, its treated as a purchase, etc...) Do you know if there is a limit on the amount that you can initially fund using a chase Credit Card?

Any info would be much appreciated, feel free to PM me if you would rather... Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by sna430
Banks usually have an address where you can mail checks to be deposited. Usually it's a PO Box somewhere.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Simba
Did U do it in 2009? If so were U able to get the miles with the $25 fee debit card?

Last edited by friedice; Jan 18, 2009 at 11:19 am
Old Jan 18, 2009, 3:47 am
Suspended

Programs: American Express
Originally Posted by yuel
These offer are re-ocurring every six months,
Great offer, thank you
Old Jan 27, 2009, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Schutzee
It has been my recent experience that Chase no longer recognizes ING transfers as direct deposits. Others have reported problems with Pay Pal qualifying. I found an easy solution with Intuit payroll http://payroll.intuit.com/ They offer six month free, so now anyone can be an "employer" and do their own direct deposits free!
HSBC Direct also works. I have been using their ACH transfers to fulfill the direct deposit requirement. I have $10 deposited into the account each month.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 4:28 pm

I signed up for the $25 card in mid-December. I received my 10,000 Checking Enrolling bonus on 1/8/09, and I have started to receive miles for my purchases. I haven't received my 11,000 post-first debit card (well swiped as credit) use bonus. My first use was a little after New Years.

Does anyone know how long that usually takes to post? Who do I contact about getting those miles?
Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by future elite
Does anyone know how long that usually takes to post?
In my experience, I opened account late May 2008, first use of debit card was late May or very early June. Checking account enrollment bonus (7500) came at very early July (7/2), and debit enrollment bonus (2500) came 1 week later(7/8), with another checking account enrollment bonus (10000) (7/10). Obviously not that fast, but all within 6-8 weeks, as they promised. So I would wait until mid-Feb, which is 8 weeks from your opening, and then call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.