Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I'll be going for a status match but I wondered if BD will accept a BD booking (with BD flight number) but on LH metal? (As LHR-MUC is what I currently have booked).

Please does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks,

MArcus.
Old May 17, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by frubio2012
What's the easiest carrier to status match United Premier Executive to get OneWorld status.
American will let you do an executive platinum challenge at no charge I believe, and if you push they will give you a trial Platinum status match while you do the challenge.

There is a thread in AA forum.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Work is forcing me to fly Delta soon.

Any matches for something on SkyTeam that grants international lounge access? I did both Delta and Northwest once already -- doubt they'll do it again.
Old May 18, 2011, 3:55 am

Programs: QF Platinum/Lifetime Gold, LH Senator, AF Platinum
Another question regarding the LH status match with Flying Blue - the message from LH states

"We have received your application to status match. After only one flight with a Miles & More airline partner, you will qualify automatically for the Miles & More status which is equivalent to the one you currently hold with Flying Blue. We will send you your personal Miles & More status card after your flight"

So does this mean that the qualifying flight is not actually taken at the higher status/earning level?
Old May 18, 2011, 4:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by astonmartinv8
I'll be going for a status match but I wondered if BD will accept a BD booking (with BD flight number) but on LH metal? (As LHR-MUC is what I currently have booked).

Please does anyone have any experience of this?
Thatīs not enough. You need a BD flight under a BD flight number AND op. by BD.
Old May 18, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: Milleageplus 1K
just matched on BA

So I have a flight from tel aviv to Mumbai, then Mumbai NYC, then back to tel aviv on British tomorrow.

I'm platinum on CO, so I called BA yesterday and asked them about a status match. They warned me it takes 4 weeks... I explained I fly on thrusday and said it'll mean a lot if they can expedite it.

Today I got an email in the morning: Congratulations you're BA silver. 30 min later I received a fax explaining my status is silver and they didn't have a chance to send me the card. They told me to show it in the lounges all over if I'll be asked to.

It was really smooth and surprising to get it in 24 hrs and I'm really happy.

Now I'll definitely send some routes there way :-) I loved the way they acted and were so helpful.

And the best part: this itinerary showed as 20k miles once completed, now it says 40k :-) the 100% bonus is there.

And the expiration is July 2012.

No challenge, but I did provide my reservation number with them and attached my last CO statement (PDF) from the website.

Although I have AA acct with about 60k miles, I decided to match with BA and get double miles PLUS the ability to get lounge access when traveling domestically in the US.

Any other things I should know about my recent silver status? Is it a good match to my platinum? Probably not... They could've gave me gold... No?
Old May 18, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by ehudsegev
Any other things I should know about my recent silver status? Is it a good match to my platinum? Probably not... They could've gave me gold... No?
I concur - this would not be a sufficient match for me.

However, given the fact that BA hardly matches, I think you succeeded quite well here. If I was a BA Gold, I would not be happy if they gave it away like FB and LH is giving away Plat/SEN respectively nowadays!
Old May 19, 2011, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Well, AA plat approximates to BA silver (I have no idea whether CO plat resembles AA plat), so I'd say you seem to have achieved the almost impossible, a status jump with BA.

Better not mention it over in the BA Forum, where the inmates take actually earning status very seriously.
Old May 20, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Originally Posted by Phasers
American will let you do an executive platinum challenge at no charge I believe, and if you push they will give you a trial Platinum status match while you do the challenge.

There is a thread in AA forum.
This program is no longer being offered and in its existence was only for top tier elites on other airlines (such as UA GS/1K, Delta Diamond Medallion, etc.), so a Premier Executive was not eligible.

AA does however offer PAID gold and regular platinum challenges. See here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-platinum.html
Old May 22, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
No worries, thank you.
Old May 26, 2011, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by jack5432
I managed to get a few status matches (bmi, saa, co),
can you tell me whom you contacted about the SAA status match? Tried emailing them but they only answered that they would not transfer miles from Flying Blue. Apparently the person anwering didnt really get the idea of a status match.
Old May 29, 2011, 1:35 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Lisa40403
can you tell me whom you contacted about the SAA status match? Tried emailing them but they only answered that they would not transfer miles from Flying Blue. Apparently the person anwering didnt really get the idea of a status match.
Status match just means they will grant you the same status level - it does not mean that you get to transfer your miles to the new program
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:32 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
So did anyone got status matched on Asiana yet? I'm changing my program to them since its more attractive..
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I was wondering if anyone was matched recently by CO to Platinum status using their FlyingBlue Platinum card and/or Jet Airways Platinum status?

I had my brother status match himself to Gold recently from BA/AA, but is CO still matching?

I did a match some years ago, but they only gave me Gold for Jet Plat, but never flew them, as I realized their program was not as good as a UA 1k's.

So now trying to decide whether to attempt it again or go for UA's challenge, if it still exists for 1P, then use that on CO for potential TATL or their ultra long-haul flight upgrades...
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
Does such a scenario exist?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.