Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 1:16 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I was wondering if anyone was matched recently by CO to Platinum status using their FlyingBlue Platinum card and/or Jet Airways Platinum status?

I had my brother status match himself to Gold recently from BA/AA, but is CO still matching?

I did a match some years ago, but they only gave me Gold for Jet Plat, but never flew them, as I realized their program was not as good as a UA 1k's.

So now trying to decide whether to attempt it again or go for UA's challenge, if it still exists for 1P, then use that on CO for potential TATL or their ultra long-haul flight upgrades...
CO stopped matching a couple of months ago. Now they have the UA challenge AFAIK
Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA/UA no status!
aa plat challenge to ua status match challenge?

so im learning the tricks of the trade here, and wondering if anyone has successfully turned this (or similar)?

AA plat (via plat challenge, 10K EQP in 90d) then try and status match to UA 1P (challenge, 17.5K mi in 90d)

for anyone that has done a UA match recently, were you required to send in a physical FF card, or is a printout/PDF of your statement (showing status) sufficient? do you think UA would decline to status match since the my AA plat would not be "normal"? (i.e. i have status but shows minimal activity, only 10K mi). many thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2011, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by frubio2012
I am planning on doing a status match with my United Premier Executive to Delta, but when is the best time to status match? I have heard that after July 1st, it'll last until 2013. Any truth to that?
I am wondering the same thing right now. I would like to have Delta match my BMI Star Alliance Gold now --- will it last through 2012? Or do I need to wait a little longer?
thanks
Old Jun 27, 2011, 1:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
Originally Posted by jack5432
I am wondering the same thing right now. I would like to have Delta match my BMI Star Alliance Gold now --- will it last through 2012? Or do I need to wait a little longer?
thanks
Usually one should wait till July 1st to get the most out of a status match.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
I'm an NZ Gold and would like to status match with another Star program in Europe, are there any that will do this? I now live in Europe and don't see the point in keeping my NZ status now that they have nearly killed the program.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Generally, you can't match within an alliance. Maybe you can try to DL first and then back to Star Alliance [bmi?]

Originally Posted by KiwiRob
I'm an NZ Gold and would like to status match with another Star program in Europe, are there any that will do this? I now live in Europe and don't see the point in keeping my NZ status now that they have nearly killed the program.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 6:25 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by KiwiRob
Alternatively you could just start collecting miles on a different *A program. Your NZ status would ensure you still get lounge access while you build up status on another airline. Hopefully by the time your NZ status expires you will ahve reached *G elsewhere
Old Jul 2, 2011, 4:28 pm
HCA

Data point:

Request CO Platinum Challenge from Flying Blue Platinum and got Gold Challenge instead.

Thinking to take it as I need CO Plat/Gold for lounage access in internationl trips (I am UA 2P). And I probably don't need miles run (17.5k miles requirement instead of 35k) or limit my next international trip to UA/CO because of this.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Does anyone know if the Alaska match is good until Feb 2013 if I match now? Also will I get the upgrade cert for both years? I would like to have it for 100% rdm on delta and also to give the cert to my dad for a trip to Alaska in august.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:54 am

Hello,

I was looking to match status to continental with Delta Gold, but i see that they have stopped matching status..

So does anyone know if i can match any other airline within Star Alliance and still be gold with Continental because i will considered as Star Alliance Gold?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:33 am

United Matching

I was Delta Platinum last year. I asked and received United elite status on Mileage Plus. They asked me to complete 10 segments for Premier and 20 for Premier Exec in 90 days. I had over 35 so I got PE. I received PE status on 6/28/10 and was good through 2011. I ended up with 56 segments in 2010 from August to December. I have 55 this year. BTW, is 1K requirement 100 or 120 segments?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: Lost count
Hello,

I am BA Silver and also KF Gold.

I have upcoming CO/LH trip next week. That trip will get me around 18000 points.

Two questions:

Should I go for UA status challenge or CO challenge.

Should I provide BA or KF details.

Cheers!
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Rustbelt
I was Delta Platinum last year. I asked and received United elite status on Mileage Plus. They asked me to complete 10 segments for Premier and 20 for Premier Exec in 90 days. I had over 35 so I got PE. I received PE status on 6/28/10 and was good through 2011. I ended up with 56 segments in 2010 from August to December. I have 55 this year. BTW, is 1K requirement 100 or 120 segments?

The 1K requirement is 120 segments.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
DL just stopped doing outright matches & are now offering a match: https://www.delta.com/planning_reser...atus_match.jsp
Old Jul 13, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
I dont think CO ever did challenges, only matches. They are now forwarding everyone to UA for a challenge.
I would contact UA, and tell them that you will be qualifying on a CO flight.
Someone correct me if im wrong, but I think you have to fly the metal of whatever airline you are matching. I think you are ok if you are flying CO metal for a UA challenge bc of the merger but not sure on the LH part of your trip. I dont think if qualifies.

Originally Posted by Evita_FT
Hello,

I am BA Silver and also KF Gold.

I have upcoming CO/LH trip next week. That trip will get me around 18000 points.

Two questions:

Should I go for UA status challenge or CO challenge.

Should I provide BA or KF details.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.