Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2010, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by tomvonc
Yup, just gave the name and address of my employer and a scan of my card.
How long did they take to reply to your email?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
I faxed to DL last FRI and they comp. me to Platinum today.^
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:25 am

Programs: UA 1K
DL matched within 1 business day

I faxed DL a short letter about my circumstances (moving to SEA, not well-served by UA for one route I'll be taking frequently) along with a copy of my 1K card and a current account statement, and I requested a match to Gold or higher.

I sent the fax in the late evening of Tuesday, July 20 and currently see (very late evening of Wednesday, July 21 / very early morning of Thursday, July 22) "Gold Medallion | Sky Priority™" in my profile at delta.com. Good deal!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:33 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
It seems like I should switch to UA and try to match 1P. I have just over 40k EQM miles on AS this year and by the end of August, I'll probably be at Gold. My first thought is to wait until gold and then ask UA for the match but I have a couple of Europe trips coming up where it would be really nice to have 1P. Do you think if I explained this in my fax to UA they would give me 1P up front and put me on the challenge? I don't think I'd have a problem completing it.

And would my status be good for 2011 too?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 1:48 pm
ucc

Originally Posted by eternalX
It seems like I should switch to UA and try to match 1P. I have just over 40k EQM miles on AS this year and by the end of August, I'll probably be at Gold. My first thought is to wait until gold and then ask UA for the match but I have a couple of Europe trips coming up where it would be really nice to have 1P. Do you think if I explained this in my fax to UA they would give me 1P up front and put me on the challenge? I don't think I'd have a problem completing it.

And would my status be good for 2011 too?
I think the would likely put you to 1P challenge but you status would only be good till early 2011, i.e. the elite year of 2010, if you complete the challenge. To qualify for 1P for the whole year of 2011 you have to get 50K EQM.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 5:05 pm
Suspended

UA status match from DL, not challenge

May be because of AU address?
I was matched today within 1 hour after my request.

"Congratulations!, you have been awarded 2010/2011 Premier Executive status in the Mileage Plus Program!

This status recognizes your importance to United, and will make your travel with us easier and more rewarding than ever.

Your membership card and benefit guide will arrive in the mail in four to six weeks. In the meantime, details about the Premier Executive program can be found on the United Web site, www.united.com, on the Mileage Plus Program Information page.

Your 2010/2011 Premier Executive status will be effective until January 31, 2012. To maintain the status, you have to earn 50,000 elite qualifying miles or 60 elite qualifying segments on United, United Express or our Star Alliance partners within each calendar year. "
Old Jul 27, 2010, 5:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by pigx5
Did you send any sort of special consideration like flight history or upcoming bookings on DL to get PM?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG
I status matched from DL plat to CO plat in mid-June. I emailed Onepass to clarify that my status would be good until Feb. 2012. They replied to me that yes, it would be good through 2012. However, today in the mail I get my CO Plat card and it expires 2/2011. Anway, I've emailed them back and included the previous email. I'll keep everyone updated on their response.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:44 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by gree0411
I status matched from DL plat to CO plat in mid-June. I emailed Onepass to clarify that my status would be good until Feb. 2012. They replied to me that yes, it would be good through 2012. However, today in the mail I get my CO Plat card and it expires 2/2011. Anway, I've emailed them back and included the previous email. I'll keep everyone updated on their response.
Definitely keep us posted. I am planning on status matching from DL PM to CO PE soon. Your experience would be helpful. I was thinking of doing it in September to be assured of expiration of 2/2012.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:08 pm

Location: Currently: DCA (+IAD/BWI). Before that: FNL (+DEN/COS). Before that: HVN (+BDL/LGA/EWR/JFK).
Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Hertz Five Star, NEXUS, Global Entry
I status matched to CO Plat from UA 1K in October 2009, like 3 days before they left SkyTeam to join Star last year (I figured, what was the harm to burn my 1x/lifetime match on CO, since once they're Star, they won't poach from UA anyway). They sent me two cards, the first one through 2/10, and then in early 2010, a second one through 2/11. I believe that's their SOP for post-7/1 status matches.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:29 pm
nsr

Had same experience, but this is how they do things. They send you a card with expiration for that year and then another card later for the next year. You shouldn't worry.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:00 pm
BCH

Anyone know if when Delta matches status in July, it lasts through Feb of the following year (i.e., 8 months) or for a year-and-a-half (20 months)? Thanks!

BCH

Originally Posted by pigx5
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
TAP Victoria - Satus Match

Hi there,

Just wondering if any of you ever tried Status Match with TAP Victoria?
If so have you been successful and which contact details have you used?

Thank you and kind regards,
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:16 am

CO always sends out the elite cards for the current elite year only, at least that's what the OnePass agent emailed me. You will receive a new one valid thur 02/2012 in February, if they manage to send them out in time for a change
Old Jul 28, 2010, 4:28 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by doctor15
Did you send any sort of special consideration like flight history or upcoming bookings on DL to get PM?
I send a copy of my CO membership card and CO mileage statement.
I have a up coming trip with DL but I didn't mention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.