Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can't decide which program to stick with

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2003, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

can't decide which program to stick with

I have an amex preferred rewards gold card, and I was contemplating giving it up for the delta card because of more double mile promos lower annual fees etc, but am having a real hard time deciding if it is worth the extra 50 a year to be able to put my miles into SEVERAL FF programs than just delta? The onyl downfall to the starwood card for me is it can't be used to top off accounts i.e. only 20,000 pts at a time, and the definition of a STAY may be changed at any time resulting in lost miles unless you have exactly increments of 20,000. So I have a AAdvantage bronze citibank card, and my amex, I fly from LAX to BNA frequently, will be going to rome several times next year, fly to detroit a lot and florida too. Any recommendations besides the starwood card, would I be better off going with the delta card, which seems to earn points LOTS faster than my gold card, or stick with the card that gives me LOTS of flexibility?
Old Oct 5, 2003, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 2MM; UA LT Gold MM; HH LT Diamond; Marriott Tit LT PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ero2:
The only downfall to the starwood card for me is it can't be used to top off accounts i.e. only 20,000 pts at a time... </font>
Not true - the minimum transfer is 2,500 points (1,500 for *wood Gold and up). It is just that transferring 20,000 points get you a 5,000 mile bonus.

I dumped the Delta Amex for the Starwood Amex and have NEVER regretted it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.