Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Organizing Frequent Flyer Miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2003, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Organizing Frequent Flyer Miles

How do you all organize all of your frequent flyer miles/programs?

It's pretty overwhelming to keep track of which miles need to post by what date for each program.

Up until now, I have not kept very good records, but I was thinking that there must be a good way to organize things so that too many miles don't "fall through the cracks."

Fire_Fly
Old Sep 22, 2003, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
MileTracker, developed by FTer Mike Hoeffner. It's wonderful and free!

------------------
Vasant
Old Sep 22, 2003, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
MileTracker rules
Old Sep 22, 2003, 8:07 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
If you use miletracker and are satisfied with its functionality, please consider making a donation via the donate button in the tool itself. I don't know Mike myself. I'm a very satisfied user and thats why posting this reply.

[This message has been edited by venkat (edited 09-22-2003).]
Old Sep 22, 2003, 9:35 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by venkat:
If you use miletracker and satisfied with its functionality, please consider making a donation via the donate button in the tool itself. </font>
I second the motion. Keeping MileTracker updated must take a lot of effort...everytime an airline or hotel chain changes its web site, Mike has to change MileTracker.

It's great software!

------------------
Middle_Seat
Old Sep 22, 2003, 9:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

thank you for the lead....I just downloaded the program and I love it already!!!
Old Sep 22, 2003, 1:14 pm

DONATE,DONATE,DONATE !!!!
Mike does an outstanding job. With 31 accounts between my wife and I, it would VERY difficult to track them all without this free program. THANK YOU Mike
Old Sep 22, 2003, 3:02 pm

I'll add to everyone else...the program (miletracker.com) is great, it really works, and it's free...what's wrong with this picture! Donate...if it goes fee, i'd pay gladly
Old Sep 22, 2003, 7:54 pm

I've been using www.yodlee.com to keep tack of accounts and it seems to work very well.

Miletracker doesn't work on my Mac.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 9:48 pm

MileTracker needs to get with the times. Java is only available with Sun Microsystems now, but MileTracker still requires Microsoft VM which was pulled by Microsoft.

Unless you have grandfathered in an installation of Microsoft VM, there is no legitamite way to get MileTracker to run.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tekelberry:
MileTracker needs to get with the times. Java is only available with Sun Microsystems now, but MileTracker still requires Microsoft VM which was pulled by Microsoft.

Unless you have grandfathered in an installation of Microsoft VM, there is no legitamite way to get MileTracker to run.
</font>
It works for me on a Win2K build from about 2001 with SP3 installed. I guess the virtual machine's in there somewhere...

It's great, BTW.

[This message has been edited by notsosmart (edited 09-23-2003).]
Old Sep 23, 2003, 5:28 am

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
I use Miletracker on XP without issue. Java runs on any and every computer you can think of. Here is the link for the Java Virtual Machine download:

http://java.sun.com/webapps/download...?BundleId=8938

And like Miletracker, the VM is a free download.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, AA 2MM Platinum
Running Mileage Tracker problem free on WXP Home problem free. Have used for about 2 years, 20 plus accounts and works GREAT.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 1:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Miletracker is great for just tracking miles.

If you want a more generic consolidation tool, however, try yodlee.com They OEM their solution to most high usage websites and are highly respected in silicon Valley. The risk is that you are saving critical information on their servers.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 5:53 am

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
Inside Flyer just did a write up of several tools to manage miles.

http://www.insideflyer.com/articles/...e.php?key=1276

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.