Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Accumuating Miles in a "Blocked" Acct

Old May 20, 2003, 6:51 am
Original Poster

My company has negotiated a deal with our car rental company so that the car company does not issue any pts and my company saves money. I have tried to go to my account and check the status on-line but they have it set up so that I can not even access it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use these car rentals for pts on other carriers?
Old May 20, 2003, 8:20 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Is it worth the potential wrath of your employer over 50-200 miles a week?
Old May 20, 2003, 9:20 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Your employer is a penny-pinching tightwad.

Companies that deny travel perqs to travelers are pathetic. Often these policies are dictated by people who never travel. Stick such misers in the back of a full 3 hour RJ- flight with a 3 hour layover sans lounge access before they get to spend the night in a fleabag motel.
Old May 20, 2003, 9:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Welcome to FT, if I have not done so before.

I am with Craig, if you could get to the mythical points, is it worth it. Find something else to "steal" if you are so inclined. The points appearantly are not being issued. They have been negotiated away per you comments. They are not yours to have. Move on.

As far as Spiffs post, well there seems to be some pent up hostility there somewhere to draw the conclusion posted.

If it makes you feel any better, rental car points seem the least reliable postings of the points one can get.
Old May 20, 2003, 10:00 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I'm my own TA currently, but I'd never work for a company that did not let me accumulate miles/points when I travel.

The only time I got hosed out of them was in college. My university-issued Diners Club was ineligible for their rewards program per the university.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ranles:
As far as Spiffs post, well there seems to be some pent up hostility there somewhere to draw the conclusion posted.</font>
Old May 20, 2003, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Maybe I should rephrase my question a bit....Can I take the points that I would have normally accrued with the car rental agency and get credit for my car usage with an airline company, hotel, etc.? I know that there are many companies that have mileage sharing programs and thought that someone would know a way to at least get some miles for the car I rent every week.

I can't see how I would incur the wrath of my company for getting miles in another account for the car rental.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.