Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Getting comped on the basis of being a LH Sen.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting comped on the basis of being a LH Sen.

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2003, 7:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:

1)get instant status on BA, it might be an incentive to do it there. ...and since I have read that many people here got that kind of deal, I am thinking why not try it...

2)they will surely not turn away my business just because they have comped me a few years earlier and I might not have flown as much as they expected.

</font>
1) BA will not comp, only in extremely rare circumstances such as being able to prove that you can and will spend some serious money on premium class travel.As in controlling a large corporate travel budget.Please post a "comp request" thread on the BA board and see what happens.

2)This is exactly what they will do. They may not turn your business away per se, but they will not comp you again if you didnt justify it the first time. Granted, the airlines are all struggling now but even then they can only make so many concessions to attract business. If repetitive comping was that easy/widespread why would anybody here ever bother actually putting in the time/effort/money it takes to reach status.

Otherwise, yes , all is good

[This message has been edited by JohnG (edited 05-14-2003).]
Old May 15, 2003, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Oh, and this one is for sunseeker...(and for Gaucho100K who I am indebted to):

This is what I'll do from August to November - so brace yourselves for some outrageous trip reports .

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N2D156694
Old May 15, 2003, 7:42 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I agree withJohnG BA may comp you to silver but I think a gold comp would be VERY tuff to get. My co worker who takes the about the same amount of F transatlantic trips as me (14 last year) + e shed load of short haul didn't get a comp from UA 1k to BA gold they just gave him silver. Of course within a couple of months he made gold anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.