Community
Wiki Posts
Search

October Hilton Profile Update

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2002, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
October Hilton Profile Update

Just an early reminder to get your 2000 HHonors points for the new quarter on October 1.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I received a Hilton rain check from Q2, and sent that in, so they have given me the October Q4 points in advance. Saves trying to remember. Darn nice idea. You may use it up to 4 times they say per calendar year. If you require the rain security check code to use please email me - [email protected] or read my Soylent Green posts in chexfan's July update thread.
Old Jul 27, 2002, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Can you feel the anticipation building?
Old Jul 27, 2002, 8:03 am

Appears that some live only to see that post count increase. Get a life.
Old Jul 27, 2002, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by usflyer999:
Appears that some live only to see that post count increase. Get a life.</font>
Had nothing to do with post count.

I have no desire to start a flame war with you. I believe that your admonission that I "get a life" was uncalled for and possibly violated the FT TOS:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Personal attacks on individuals, insults and "flaming" will not be tolerated and will be removed. You may challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.</font>
All that aside, I think that my posting history demonstrates a contribution to the community.

So why did I post this? Because I thought it was amusing, and I thought that a few others might be amused.

Do I care about my post count? Not generally, although I do admit that I memorialized my 1000th post.

Anyway, usflyer999, not cool.
Old Jul 27, 2002, 12:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
Anyway, usflyer999, not cool.</font>
I agree. gleff is very well respected contributor to the FT community, and this thread was rather amusing until usflyer999 made his completely uncalled for comment...
Old Jul 27, 2002, 1:31 pm

USflyer99 - you are not allowed to criticize anyone until at least FT puberty - around 250 posts. And only then in a more mature fashion. VERY uncool.

On Topic - AARRRGGGGG
Old Jul 27, 2002, 2:01 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It's funny, if it were any other topic then the Hilton Points I would say it's to increase post count, though I am not sure why that is important. But everytime somebody brings this up again it shows how obsessed some people are sitting around, programming their machines to beep at 1am on the first day of each quarter, anything for the 1,000 points. When people can't get the bonus points, start another six or seven threads to figure out how to get those few extra points.

Just think, in two years, you will have almost enough points to get a free weekend night room at a fairly decent hotel, assuming you don't miss any of the available updates.

So yes, the Hilton update threads have been beaten to death around here, and not just in the Hilton section, but it wouldn't be the same without a dozen of them running at the same time.

Old Jul 27, 2002, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the support.

All that said, I will admit that resurrecting that thread may have been amusing to me but I can see plenty of FTers rolling their eyes as well.

It was just a goof on how we all do things around these parts.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming!
Old Jul 27, 2002, 4:31 pm

great 1000th post gleff..
Old Jul 27, 2002, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Only 65 days, 6 hours and 20-odd minutes, taking into account the time zone their computer is in.
Old Jul 27, 2002, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Nicely done, gleff.

Usflyer, we value your participation and look forward to further positive contributions.

Cheers!
Old Jul 27, 2002, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

People who have only recently joined a club won't get the in-jokes.

So why don't we give usflyer999 a break as well.
Old Jul 28, 2002, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
* * * UPDATE * * *

I will be on vacation all October so I called Hilton and asked if I may update for Q4 now, and not bother using the e-rainchecks referenced above. They did it for me, and enrolled me in another new 50,000 challenge. They are very nice folks in there.

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Jul 28, 2002, 6:32 am

ozstamps

i dont understand what you are talking about..please explain...what is the 50,000 point advance hh said you could do

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.