Search

Lowest cost subscription for USA TODAY

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2007, 7:27 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Question Lowest cost subscription for USA TODAY

With or without miles.
The current offer on the AA site with EZ Pay is more expensive then just taking a subscription without miles.
Any suggestions all? Thank You
Old Sep 22, 2007, 6:46 am

deleted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jul 18, 2009 at 7:37 pm
Old Sep 22, 2007, 7:43 am

Hello,

What is AA sit with EZ pay ?
What dose it mean ??
Old Sep 22, 2007, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shoodawg
Why in the world would you want to do anything if you can't get miles along with it?
Sometimes you are paying a huge premium for the mileage as in the offer on AA.com for USA Today currently

Wall Street Jornal has a subscription for 300 plus dollars a year with 1000 miles and one for 79 dollars without the mileage.Its a no brainer
Old Sep 22, 2007, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jokerplumply
Hello,

What is AA sit with EZ pay ?
What dose it mean ??
It is simply a monthly billing plan that they charge you extra for as opposed to paying in full.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
With or without miles.
WIthout miles? Swing by a Hampton Inn on your way to work each day. (USA Today only comes out on weekdays.) Most Hamptons not only put one outside each guest's door (don't steal those), but have a bin (or counter) where they have a huge surplus. There've in fact been many cases where I've forgotten to get my USA Today until the evening (I either wasn't at a hotel in the morning or was at a hotel that doesn't give them), find all 7-Elevens out by then, the hotel I'm checking into does have any any more, and go by the closest Hampton Inn and still find a big stack of them there!

It may not work absolutely every day, but it could work enough days so that the days you do have to buy it end up costing way less than any subscription.

And when you do buy it, keep in mind that many cards classify 7-Elevens (which nationwide are the most reliable place to find USA Today on sale outside of airports) as "stand-alone grocery stores", meaning that if you have a card that gives you double, triple, or quadruple miles for such establishments, and rounds up to a dollar, you're earning 2, 3, or 4 miles per copy of USA Today sold when you do have to buy it.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks some good tips there
Any deals on delivered to your door subscriptions?
We have an excellent thread on the Wall Street Journal going on here in this forum with great leads ^
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
WIthout miles? Swing by a Hampton Inn on your way to work each day. (USA Today only comes out on weekdays.) Most Hamptons not only put one outside each guest's door (don't steal those), but have a bin (or counter) where they have a huge surplus. There've in fact been many cases where I've forgotten to get my USA Today until the evening (I either wasn't at a hotel in the morning or was at a hotel that doesn't give them), find all 7-Elevens out by then, the hotel I'm checking into does have any any more, and go by the closest Hampton Inn and still find a big stack of them there!

It may not work absolutely every day, but it could work enough days so that the days you do have to buy it end up costing way less than any subscription.

And when you do buy it, keep in mind that many cards classify 7-Elevens (which nationwide are the most reliable place to find USA Today on sale outside of airports) as "stand-alone grocery stores", meaning that if you have a card that gives you double, triple, or quadruple miles for such establishments, and rounds up to a dollar, you're earning 2, 3, or 4 miles per copy of USA Today sold when you do have to buy it.
Thanks for posting this info. Those triple miles add up quickly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.