Wiki Posts
Search

wills and points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2002, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA-Hilton/Silver, Starwood, Marriott/Silver
wills and points

I remember articles in the past about bequeathing your points when you die, but I can't find any of that info now and was wondering how to go about doing this.

------------------
Old Nov 12, 2002, 1:39 pm

Send me your e-mail address and I'll send your the template I created in MS-Word for this subject. It's a few years old but most of it still applies.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I have not died but a family member did and all airlines have an address to both fax or mail to where they need the death cert and a letter that states who the executor is, plus a note asking them to move the miles. So, mom wrote one saying please give X number of miles to herself and her three sons, for example, when dad died.

only delta said they wanted things notarized. All miles took only a couple weeks to post and with starwood, they also transferred the status but in all cases, you should ask.

also ask to have any upgrades moved over...

and, vouchers or coupons (as big of a pain these are to redeem) moved over to the new person receiving. Hey they may even extend their time limits--or maybe you can ask to have those transferred in to miles.

If you have suffered a loss, I am sorry to hear of it.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA-Hilton/Silver, Starwood, Marriott/Silver
thanks for your help guys, we just rewrote our wills and wanted to get everything in one spot.

------------------
Old Nov 12, 2002, 5:29 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/006643.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/005973.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.