Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

If you don't get on the flight standby, do you get your $100 back??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2002, 8:18 am
Original Member
Original Poster

What happens if:

-You pay $100 to get on an earlier flight standby
-But there's no room, and you take your originally scheduled flight??

Do you get your $100 back????
Old Sep 7, 2002, 8:25 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Yes
Old Sep 7, 2002, 8:34 am

You are most likely not charged the $100 unless you are confirmed. I think the sequence would be:
1. You go the airport and let the check-in or gate agent know that you would like to standby for an earlier flight.
2. You are added to the standby list.
3. If you get confirmed, you are told to pay the $100 and your ticket is "reissued or revalidated" and a boarding pass for the ealier flight given.
4. If you do not get confirmed, you can either stand by for the next flight and repeat steps 2 and 3 or decide to travel on the flight you were originally booked on, in which case you are not charged the $100 anyway.

[This message has been edited by satish_ny (edited 09-07-2002).]
Old Sep 7, 2002, 8:52 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by satish_ny:
You are most likely not charged the $100 unless you are confirmed. I think the sequence would be:
1. You go the airport and let the check-in or gate agent know that you would like to standby for an earlier flight.
2. You are added to the standby list.
3. If you get confirmed, you are told to pay the $100 and your ticket is "reissued or revalidated" and a boarding pass for the ealier flight given.
4. If you do not get confirmed, you can either stand by for the next flight and repeat steps 2 and 3 or decide to travel on the flight you were originally booked on, in which case you are not charged the $100 anyway.

[This message has been edited by satish_ny (edited 09-07-2002).]
</font>
Seems like a lot more work than the gate agent currently has to go through. I thought they were trying to "streamline" operations... be more like SWA and all that
Old Sep 7, 2002, 9:21 am

I think this new rule is the most idiotic rule the have made yet...If there is an available seat on an earlier flight why wouldn't the airline want it filled...If there are other problems later in the day (weather, mechanical) or if they get a last minute walk up purchase they would have more seats to accomodate them on those later flights.

Am I nuts??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.