Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to buy tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2002, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Where to buy tickets?

I've got a 20% off coupon expiring on Expedia tonight and need to book a flight to NY from SF for late September. There's a RT on Expedia for $285 which presumably will come down to $228 with the 20% off coupon - I can also buy the exact same RT on AA.com for $255. Do you think it's worth it to save $27 to forego the extra 1000 miles I'd get by purchasing the ticket on AA.com?

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2002, 6:57 pm

Location: Fort Worth, TX; AA EXP, Starwood Gold, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Gold
Use the following discount code

S674ML

to save 10% at AA.com and then it costs the same as the Expedia fare
Old Aug 22, 2002, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, but it's actually a web fare, so I can't use the S674ML code on aa.com...
Old Aug 22, 2002, 10:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Do the miles matter depends on what your situtation is. If the trip would put you 999 miles short of a free trip, then yes they matter. if you have 250,000 miles currently, then not getting a thousand isn't a huge deal at all.
Old Aug 22, 2002, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Do you think it's worth it to save $27 to forego the extra 1000 miles I'd get by purchasing the ticket on AA.com?</font>
$27.00/ 1000 miles = 2.7 per mile

The general consensus on these boards seems to be that one should acquire miles for less than that, but ultimately -- as previously posted -- the decision will depend on your needs.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 7:10 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG
There is a first time booking bonus of 2000 miles on AA for trips completed between now and September.

------------------
AA, Onepass, Skymiles, Hhonors, Starwood

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.