Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frommer's Frequent Flier Overview

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2002, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Frommer's Frequent Flier Overview

Any newbies, like me, might want to check out Frommer's website for a new, comprehensive view of the programs and tips for getting the most out of the programs. It's called, "Sky Hounds: How to Maximize Your Frequent Flier Mileage, Part I and Part II". Just go to their homepage http://www.frommers.com/ and use the search button at the top left hand side of the page. Input: "frequent fliers". I really love their whole site and the magazine, too! I've gotten lots of budget tips here. And even when I can't travel..I can dream. (No, I don't work for them)
Old Aug 19, 2002, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
I thought this guy didn't like FF miles. I recall reading one of his opinion pieces on the subject. If I'm not mistaken, he sadi FF are a bunch of fat cat executives and that their FF benefits should be taxed.

Am I confusing him with someone else?
Old Aug 19, 2002, 3:56 pm

Just to make it a little easier:

Sky Hounds: How to Maximize Your Frequent Flier Mileage, Part I

Sky Hounds: How to Maximize Your Frequent Flier Mileage, Part II

Fixed UBB problems.

[This message has been edited by yashan (edited 08-19-2002).]
Old Aug 19, 2002, 3:56 pm
kdp

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
Thanks for the link- I thought the article was pretty comprehensive for an overview.
Old Aug 19, 2002, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
except they seem to think that United, Lufthansa and ANA are part of Oneworld...
Old Aug 20, 2002, 12:03 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

--you will be better served by WEBFLYER.COM--Randy Peterson-- --reasonable and objective and the first one the media looks to for expertise re: FF programs.--Suggest you subscribe to InsideFlyer. Quite simply--a treasure trove of informed information.--
Old Aug 20, 2002, 6:38 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Oh man, this will be WAY off topic...

>>Sky Hounds: How to Maximize Your Frequent Flier Mileage, Part I
Author: Sascha Segan<<

"Sascha Segan" - that's the name of the hilarious, wise child that was on the old game show "Child's Play" so many years ago!

Little video clips would be played of kids defining words. This kid was absolutely incredible!

Could it be the same guy? Anyone else remember him?!?!
Old Aug 20, 2002, 9:21 am

See this Sascha's resume at:

http://www.saschasegan.com/

I was impressed.
Old Aug 20, 2002, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 5MM
Also an apology for continuing the off topic part of this thread, but I was astonished by Watchful's recollection of Child's Play and Sasha. My daughter, Lori (now 28) was a long running player on the show at the same time as Sasha. It was a lot of fun for her and she even made a couple of bucks.
Old Aug 20, 2002, 12:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by obscure2k:
--you will be better served by WEBFLYER.COM--Randy Peterson-- --reasonable and objective and the first one the media looks to for expertise re: FF programs.--Suggest you subscribe to InsideFlyer. Quite simply--a treasure trove of informed information.--</font>
I agree.

AndrewM

Old Aug 20, 2002, 12:39 pm

For the MTV generation, of which I'm not a member, clearly the now most famous kid on Child's Play was Tara Reid then age 6.
Old Aug 20, 2002, 1:55 pm

Thanks very much for the info. Frommer is the best for budget travel. His website and magazine is great, and now he's on the MSNBC site. He has done more for travel than anyone.
Old Aug 20, 2002, 10:57 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Well, we can all have different opinions. You've been told by two different people that your best source of information regarding FF programs is right here and that which is published by Randy Peterson.

Frommers and Fodors are fine if you're looking to read a book. Just don't use either as a travel guide.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 8:15 am

jsmeeker is right. I remember reading Frommer's negative opinion piece on frequent flyer miles. I also thought I read that the website was no longer run by Frommer. I know that I stopped getting the email newsletter some time ago, since the quality had gone downhill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.