One Way Award Tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:52 pm

One way awards

Just noticed that Frontier has one way awards in the US for 10,000 miles
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM
AA miles for CX one-way award?

I am thinking about taking the Transiberian Express from Moscow to Beijing. Is there any way I can use my AA miles to get a one-way ticket Beijing-SFO?
Or better, can I open-jaw US-Moscow; BEI-SFO as one award?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I tried once to book a OW-award with AAdvantage and got the info that it is definetely possible to book it, hoever they charge you the roundtrip mileage for it. Only oneway tax of course but I wouldnt burn miles that way.

On the other hand if it´s for vacation purpose, a one way is quiet expensive so you will have to consider.

I always use BD for my one-ways (cruises etc) which gives you a fair 50% discount ^
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:56 am

Open Jaw Awards

Originally Posted by John Brock
I am thinking about taking the Transiberian Express from Moscow to Beijing. Is there any way I can use my AA miles to get a one-way ticket Beijing-SFO?

I did the Trans-Siberian (St Petersburg-Moscow-Vladivostok) a couple of years ago and I used an open-jaw business class award on Northwest without difficulty.

My first leg was US to Helsinki via NW/KL. I then took the train to St Pertersburg and then onto Moscow where I joined a private train to Vladivostok (wuth several intermediate stops). I Vladivostok I purchased a one-way ticket to SEL and then NW back to the US.

They "priced" the award ticket as 1/2 North America to Europe (40,000 miles) and 1/2 North America to Asia (45,000 miles).

The mileage requirements may have changed, but the principle should still be OK.

By the way, I tried to do a similar thing on AA but they would no do it.

Good luck
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:42 am

Programs: Delta DM
Delta
Old Jul 21, 2007, 1:30 pm
Tel

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver
Czech airlines do-but only on their own fights.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 7:20 pm

Delta?

It looks like they will let you book an award ticket one way at round-trip mileage. So I don't understand why Delta is included on this list.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Originally Posted by roadtripman
Push "search". Then, type in "One Way Mileage Award" or something similar.
Like the OP never tried that. I too have tried to search for this and here is the message that appears, using your own phrase.

The search term you specified (One) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

Last edited by myefre; Jul 24, 2007 at 11:12 pm
Old Jul 25, 2007, 1:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by myefre
I too have tried to search for this and here is the message that appears, using your own phrase.
Workaround in the Technical Issues forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=17
Old Jul 25, 2007, 9:32 am

I'm hesitant to tell people "just search" because vBulletin's search function is its one very weak point. A lot of common topics do involve three letters or less (MQM or EQM for example). And even for a valid search, sometimes vBulletin's indexes are screwed up and don't return valid results.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 2:31 am

Much better way to search

I have found that Google's search engine is much smarter and accurate than FTs.
I do ALL of searches this way ^

Goto www.google.com or google search tool bar, type this sarg

One Way Mileage Award site:www.flyertalk.com

and Voila!
Old Jul 27, 2007, 2:43 am

Yes, this type of scenario is fine.

You'll be paying the higher mileage amount, though. Flights to Moscow are 40,000 off-peak and flights to China are 50,000 - so expect a 50,000 quote from AA.

I know this works, because I've done a similar trip myself:

AA into Brazil, then out from Punta Arenas, Chile.

Mine were in the same zone, though, so I paid one price - 40 K. But, of course they would love to give you a lesser worth ticket, US-Moscow as opposed to US-Asia.

Originally Posted by John Brock

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.