Reload this Page >

One Way Award Tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Way Award Tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2007, 3:54 pm

I should point out that I wasn't brushing the OP off...I didn't have any time this morning do research for the OP, so I just provided a possible good way to search for the info (but now I see not very effective!!!)

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I have to concur with the OP when it comes to finding the topic even though I know I have seen it before and I am a bit more savvy on how to look, etc. Not to name names, but I wish people could just be helpful if they know things instead of telling someone to basically go stuff it. ......MM

Last edited by roadtripman; Mar 8, 2007 at 3:55 pm Reason: edited quote (to take up less space)
Old Mar 8, 2007, 4:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
All awards on HA are one-way
Old Mar 8, 2007, 4:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by pinniped
Although NW doesn't have one-way awards, they are unique in that they'll allow you to pair one direction that has a standard award seat with one that does not, resulting in a 37,500 mile award (in the case of a domestic U.S. coach ticket).
DL allows this now too.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 4:43 pm

Programs: HH Gold, NW Silver
AirTran books award vouchers as one way.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by pinniped
YX

WN

Although NW doesn't have one-way awards, they are unique in that they'll allow you to pair one direction that has a standard award seat with one that does not, resulting in a 37,500 mile award (in the case of a domestic U.S. coach ticket).
NW, DL and CO all do this if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't add any of these three carriers to the one-way award list since the cheapest award ticket will generally be 100% of the standard roundtrip coach award ticket whether for a one-way or roundtrip itinerary.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by PointsGalore
Other than BA do you know of any other airlines where you can redeem one way award tickets for one half of the round trip award number of miles?
Alaska Air
Old Mar 8, 2007, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by roadtripman
I should point out that I wasn't brushing the OP off...I didn't have any time this morning do research for the OP, so I just provided a possible good way to search for the info (but now I see not very effective!!!)

Old Mar 8, 2007, 6:36 pm

marathonman, I also was not telling the OP to "stuff it." Using the word "please" and wishing him/her "good luck" does not equate to your statement. Sorry if my post offended you but I have been quite supportive of those seeking info for several years and I guess I don't appreciate your self-rightousness tone. Could you stand perusal of all your posts on the same basis? In his initial post the OP gave no indication of a search and I was merely stating the obvious since this topic had been discussed at least twice recently. Now that you've proven that none of us is perfect and gone to quite an effort to reinforce your point with your search, we all should be humbled by your glow. Unfortunately, my reaction is quite the opposite. Sometimes it seems that no matter what you post on FT there will always be someone who wishes to portray it as other than what it was intended to be.

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Old Mar 8, 2007, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by upgrader
marathonman, I also was not telling the OP to "stuff it." Using the word "please" and wishing him/her "good luck" does not equate to your statement. Sorry if my post offended you but I have been quite supportive of those seeking info for several years and I guess I don't appreciate your self-rightousness tone. Could you stand perusal of all your posts on the same basis? In his initial post the OP gave no indication of a search and I was merely stating the obvious since this topic had been discussed at least twice recently. Now that you've proven that none of us is perfect and gone to quite an effort to reinforce your point with your search, we all should be humbled by your glow. Unfortunately, my reaction is quite the opposite. Sometimes it seems that no matter what you post on FT there will always be someone who wishes to portray it as other than what it was intended to be.
sorry for any confusion. upgrader you werent even the person I was quoting up there.
AND, I Didnt mean for it to go that far. And no, I do not think of myself as glowing. You are correct: " Sometimes it seems that no matter what you post on FT there will always be someone who wishes to portray it as other than what it was intended to be"

nuf said. I guess I have just seen a lot of cases where people would rather take the easy route. Turns out, as we have seen, more time can often be spent on talking about the pitfalls of an issue than in solving it. I know, for example, there are other threads on the subject at hand in this thread, but I have yet to find any. I have tried search. It did not do the trick, as we have seen. OP maybe was less savvy to whatever other information is known in here or maybe was too busy to look, etc. Who knows. I do not intend to carry on in arguement so if it's ok with you, let's be past it now and move on. Thanks. MM
Old Mar 8, 2007, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

in the meantime, back to topic maybe:

I have sometimes found that if you play it right and time it right and plan it well, you could book a RT award whereas the other half is something you dont want to fly but you could try to control some aspects of it. You can try to get bumped on the return, which you had no real intent or hope to fly on anyway... You could end up with something for it, and essentially do what you wanted from the outset, which is to have a one way award, except for the extra trip to the airport and back home to take care of the bump. Definitely worth a shot! most likely a huge risk. I might plan a cheap MR for my return if I did this.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 9:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
*A one-way awards - link found in the *A forum sticky *A useful reference links
Old Mar 9, 2007, 5:27 am

marathonman, I agree with you completely. Thank you for your very civil response and may I add my apologies for probably overstating my points as well. And now back to your regularly scheduled thread....
Old Mar 9, 2007, 6:59 am
Original Poster

(Re: OP maybe was less savvy to whatever other information is known in here or maybe was too busy to look, etc. Who knows.)

I'm quite sure that I am less savvy than many of the posters. I am always amazed at the knowledge that so many of you have. However please be assured that I did try every combination of words that I could think of while searching for this topic and nothing came up. I was not too busy nor too lazy. I simply couldn't locate any thread about this topic and so i posted my query. Now that I have had so many responses I am well fortified with information and I thank one and all for filling in the blanks for me.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 12:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, IHG Gold, AAdvantage. DL Skymiles
Us

Originally Posted by GUWonder
NW, DL and CO all do this if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't add any of these three carriers to the one-way award list since the cheapest award ticket will generally be 100% of the standard roundtrip coach award ticket whether for a one-way or roundtrip itinerary.

So does US, for that matter.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 5:05 pm

Programs: MP, VS, AA, NW
Delta as well

I was on the phone to Delta and the agent was telling me that they will soon introduce one way awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.