Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 1999, 3:11 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member
Original Poster

Starwood Hotels

See B1 of todays Wall Street Journal for details on Starwoods "new" FF guest program. No blackout days and other perks.
Old Feb 2, 1999, 5:32 pm
Original Member

The new Starwood site - www.preferredguest.com is semi-functional when I logged on a few minutes ago (build 3.2a?).

The highlights are:
* No blackout days but does have capacity control
* Platinum and Gold levels based on # of stays, not by membership fee (if you are a SCI gold preior to 12/31/98, you will be automatically enrolled as gold and may continue to pay based on your anniversary date)
* At check in, Gold will be comp upgraded to a "preferred" room (high floor, better view) and plat will be comp upgraded to "specialty" rooms like SCI club room, and Westin smart office.
* Creation of a 5th category that requires 12,000 star points
* redeem for merchandise gift cert. (like Gap)
* more partners like ground transportation (e.g. BostonCoach) and AT&T

Current promotions:
* bonus of 10k points if you stay 5 times between 2/1-5/31 (no back to back stays)
* transer 20K starpoints to 20k miles and Starwood will addd an additional 5k miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.