Reload this Page >

They're at it again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

They're at it again!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2002, 12:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Goldlust:
All the money you give my country? What are you talking about? And FYI the US does not at all give a lot of money to other countries - in fact, the country in the world that gives the most foreign aid per capita is... Denmark.

I am afraid I find you a bit misinformed. I also find the "we do not care what other countries think"-attitude to be most sad.

benoit,hedoman,cactuspete:As always, if you have nothing to add to this discussion save personal comments/attacks regarding me then might I suggest using email instead.
</font>
Ok, I can admit it when I've been wrong. The US doesnt specifically give Denmark aid (at least that I could find), but we do hand out ~$14 billion a year to other countries. That comment was made to address the backlash the US gets for every single move it makes, but then the same countries turn around and ask for a handout.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 12:11 pm

(01-16) 10:36 PST WASHINGTON (AP) --

The government will file eight charges against alleged shoe bomber Richard Reid, a law enforcement source said Wednesday.

This source, disclosing that the charges would be contained in a grand jury indictment in Boston, did not say specifically what the allegations were.

Reid, born in London, was accused of trying to light explosives hidden in his sneakers on a flight from Paris in December and is being held in Plymouth, Mass., on charges of interfering with a flight crew.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I read it was triacetone triperoxide (TATP) which is quite similar in explosive power to C4 but far far less stable, especially to shock and heat. IMHO anyone walking around with this in his heels is playing poker with less than 52 cards a deck.

Some info regarding some common explosive names is at: http://www.atf.treas.gov/pub/treas_p...os_bib_app.htm

MisterNice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.