They're at it again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

They're at it again!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2001, 6:43 pm

terenz,

I don't know if you caught that one, but your mentioning "'sole' purpose" made me crack a smile.

Not exactly apropos, I know, but whaddya say.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 7:18 pm
Original Member

Aren't all the people we're at war with of Middle-Eastern descent? Why would that be irrelevant? Don't get over-PC here.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA LTG EXP, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by artboy:
Agree on the shoes -- travelling sunday and i will be sure to wear nice socks

As for the "C-4 in nature" explosive, this is probably all speculation. In one story they said he had a "detonating device", but then why the heck would he be using a match? Luckily he was dumb enough to do this while sitting in his seat rather than somewhere less conspicuous.

Can't wait to find out why he was held for questioning three weeks ago in Belgium...
</font>
On the local news radio they said he was trying to light some det cord that was in his shoes and the det cord would have set off the C-4
Old Dec 22, 2001, 7:32 pm

QuietLion,

if you think about it, America seems to be at war with *everyone* regarding some issue or other.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, HH, WOH, Bonvoy
Thanks Bouncer for the clarifying info which came from the press. I'll ignore T's remark as the juvenile swipe it was intended to be.

Sometimes people can't see past their rose colored PC lenses and display a remarkable intolerance with anyone who disagrees with their polyanaesque worldview.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by se94583:
Person of probable "Middle Eastern" descent tries to ignite improvised explosives on Paris-Mia AA flight.

http://boston.com/news/daily/22/plane_diverted.htm

</font>
What will happen next, they are not going to give up.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jcrb:
On the local news radio they said he was trying to light some det cord that was in his shoes and the det cord would have set off the C-4</font>
On MSNBC, they said he was trying to light his shoelaces, and the way he snuck his handiwork onto the aircraft was a method similar to what undercover agents have been known to employ.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 8:54 pm
QHO

I can't believe this guy is still alive. While not in line with the holiday spirit, one can only hope he experiences an "accidental" death while in custody.

Old Dec 22, 2001, 10:15 pm

As if flight crews and PAX are not jumpy enough already. Now anyone we see tapping their feet are suspicious.

My bet is his instruction book said So as not to draw attention to yourself wear socks that match.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP Lifetime Platinum, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I'm supposed to fly in the morning. As I've been upgraded I'm sure I'll get anally probed while they let the terrorists on board.

How long before we've all had enough?

Old Dec 22, 2001, 11:44 pm

hmmm. seems like the other shoe has dropped...
Old Dec 23, 2001, 12:13 am

Bouncer,

Right on bruddah......

"Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts."

------------------
Only one thing endures & that is character.
- Greeley
Old Dec 23, 2001, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
This attempt to raise racist feelings and hysteria is based on misleading speculation, as a most generous excuse.

Latest Associated Press report quotes an FBI source stating the person is NOT of middle eastern origin as earlier speculated. Perhaps that was why the persn wasn't killed by others onboard.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
An FBI official, who also spoke on condition of anonymity, said the man was not of Middle Eastern descent, contrary to earlier speculation.
</font>
Old Dec 23, 2001, 1:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spyder:
I'm supposed to fly in the morning. As I've been upgraded I'm sure I'll get anally probed while they let the terrorists on board. </font>
I'm flying in about 10 hours. No bag to check, young-ish, got my upgrade already. And i always bring an extra pair of (nice) shoes in my carry-on.

I can feel the fingers now ...
Old Dec 23, 2001, 6:08 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
He was identified early this morning as being from Sri Lanka.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.