KLM's most incredible offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM's most incredible offer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2001, 9:39 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
No, it doesn't say that. Where did you get that?</font>
Where did I "get" that? Try here:

http://nederland.klm.com/html/elements/4377.pdf

And if you don't see it there, I suggest you consult an optometrist-- or a remedial reading comprehension teacher.
Old Nov 29, 2001, 11:28 am

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileTex:
I'm still a bit confused if this offer is only open to members with an address in Belgium.

Anyone know the facts?
</font>
Just got an email invitation to the offer, making it "internationally official" if you wish:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum28/HTML/000271.html
Old Nov 29, 2001, 11:58 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Compared to the other FF-Prog I know, I compare both as follows:

KLM FD Service-Points: Status Miles. Normaly you need 15K Service Points to get SilverWing. If you are Silverwing, you can get Royalwing after another 24K Service Points.
They don't expire, but if you get Silverwing they take away 15K Service-Miles off your account and for Royalwing 24K. This happens every year. So they don't expire but be taken away for Elite level (and requalification).

Bonus-Points: Bonus Mileage. This is the same amount as for Service-Points but additional Promos (e.g. double) or Points earned not by flying KLM/Wings can come into your Bonus-Points account. Those are good for rewards/upgrades.
Old Nov 29, 2001, 12:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JonNYC:
And if you don't see it there, I suggest you consult an optometrist-- or a remedial reading comprehension teacher.</font>
Your tone is completely uncalled for. Hope you'll have enough decency to edit your post accordingly.

See http://nederland.klm.com/html/elements/4368.pdf .

One can sign up for the membership in KLM's FD first (and it's advisable anyway, as you can receive your FD membership # instantly online and not wait for receiving your number and card in the mail from Amsterdam), then fill the transfer form for existing FD members. There isn't even a place to put your mailing address for another FF program there!

Old Nov 29, 2001, 1:15 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
There isn't even a place to put your mailing address for another FF program there!
</font>
Does your current FF statement not contain your US address? They do insist on a recent statement-- quite clearly.

Do you honestly not understand that this program is not intended for US residents and that people attempting to scam them into giving away thousands of miles might not be something that they would be on the lookout for?

[This message has been edited by JonNYC (edited 11-29-2001).]
Old Nov 29, 2001, 1:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JonNYC:
Does your current FF statement not contain your US address?
Do you honestly not understand that this program is not intended for US residents and that people scamming KLM into giving them miles might not be something that they would be on the lookout for?
</font>
You seem to have missed my point, so let me repeat:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
The application specifically says you must use the same address as the FF statement you are submitting to be matched.</font>
No, it doesn't say that. Where did you get that?

One can sign up for the membership in KLM's FD first (and it's advisable anyway, as you can receive your FD membership # instantly online and not wait for receiving your number and card in the mail from Amsterdam), then fill the transfer form for existing FD members. There isn't even a place to put your mailing address for another FF program there!
</font>
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Nowhere did I pass a judgement or even make a comment on ethical implications, as it is personal choice how to deal with his/her conscience and conducting business with airlines. Besides, many FT members do have residencies on both sides of the pond, and do receive mail in both locations. I know at least two FT members who currently are in the process of physically relocating from the US to Europe.

Naturally, you are entitled to your opinion on the matter, and I'm sure you'll act accordingly.

But once again, the simple reality is that the way this promo is legally worded, there is no requirement on having mailing addresses match in both programs.

Old Nov 29, 2001, 1:39 pm

A few things. First, I assume that a booked round-trip counts as two one-ways. Can anyone confirm this? Second, does a round-trip with a stop each way (4 segments total) count as 4 one-ways? I can't tell merely by reference to the KLM rules.
Old Nov 29, 2001, 1:46 pm
Suspended

But once again, the simple reality is that the way this promo is legally worded, there is no requirement on having mailing addresses match in both programs.
</font>
On the transfer form located here:
http://nederland.klm.com/html/elements/4377.pdf

It says:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> please fill out the next questions in exact accordance with the information on your current airline statement</font>
That doesn't read to you as such?

Old Nov 29, 2001, 2:31 pm

That doesn't read to you as such?
</font>

Here you go again... I'll repeat one more time, and please do pay attention:

There is more than one way to skin a cat. The link you are referring to is not the one I'm referring to!

One can sign up for the membership in KLM's FD first (and it's advisable anyway, as you can receive your FD membership # instantly online and not wait for receiving your number and card in the mail from Amsterdam), then fill the transfer form for existing FD members.

In the stated legal rules of this promo, there is no requirement on having mailing addresses match in both programs.

I'm pretty sure that everyone else understood it. If you still have trouble with it, my e-mail is listed in my profile.

&lt;Edited for a typo&gt;

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 11-29-2001).]
Old Nov 30, 2001, 1:03 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Hi Jon,

each segment with an own flight-number counts as one segment.
Old Dec 2, 2001, 10:02 am

Sorry if this sounds dense, but is this how it will work in practice?

I'm AA Platinum with (for argument's sake) 500,000 miles showing on my latest AA statement. As an existing (albeit very dormant) KLM FD member I send KLM the downloaded transfer form with my most recent AA statement, showing those 500k miles.

Then, all I need do is ensure I fly 10 KLM segments or accrue 7,500 service points within 6 months, and KLM gives me equivalent elite status (Silverwing = AA Platinum?), and gives me 50% of my AA mileage (i.e. 250,000 miles)?

According to my (admittedly quite old) KLM handbook, 7,500 points can be achieved by the following, all in Y:

LHR-AMS 350 points
AMS-LAX 2,750 points
LAX-AMS 2,750 points
AMS-LHR 350 points

and on a separate trip but also within 6 months:

LHR-AMS 350 points
AMS-NCE 550 points
NCE-AMS 550 points
AMS-LHR 350 points

Therefore, for the price of a discount Y LHR-LAX and LHR-NCE flown on KLM within 6 months, I would receive 250,000 FD miles? Does anyone know how these would be converted into FD points? Sounds almost too good to be true...
Old Dec 2, 2001, 10:42 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Yep.....That's right. From what I've been told its on a 1:1 exchange.But why not go for the full 500,000 pts???
Old Dec 5, 2001, 8:44 pm

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Does travel on any FD partner count towards the qualification levels?

1D
Old Dec 6, 2001, 12:21 pm

Programs: TK E+, AF Plat & QR Plat (all the hard way), AA 3MM (worthless), smattering of others
Whwn flying on KL/NW/CO over the next six months to earn the requisite miles/points, do I need to accrue points on my new Flying Dutchman account or can I continue to accrue on CO (my preferred carrier, in order to make elite in 2003)?
Old Dec 6, 2001, 12:36 pm

Programs: BD / BA / AF
Unfortunately, you will need to credit the flights to your KLM FD account...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.