Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question on Mileage Plus Dining

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2006, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Question on Mileage Plus Dining

I have Mileage Plus accounts set up for my children. They don't fly much and I realize if there is no activity in their accounts within 36 months that the miles will be forfeited. I am looking for the easiest way to generate activity in their accounts to keep the miles alive and it appears that the Mileage Plus Dining might be the way to go. My question is: If I register a credit card which is in my name under their Mileage Plus number, should there be any problems in the meal purchases made using this credit card being posted to their Mileage Plus account?
Old Jan 26, 2006, 3:26 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
Check the "iDine" subforum for lots of helpful hints (shhhhhh)
/.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
If you're male and have multiple children, there's probably at least one woman in your life. Sending flowers once per kid per three years would not be overdoing it.

If you're female and their father doesn't send you flowers, send them to yourself. (Maybe he'll take the hint.) If you're female and he does, ask him to do it this way once in a while.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by cak144
I have Mileage Plus accounts set up for my children. They don't fly much and I realize if there is no activity in their accounts within 36 months that the miles will be forfeited. I am looking for the easiest way to generate activity in their accounts to keep the miles alive and it appears that the Mileage Plus Dining might be the way to go. My question is: If I register a credit card which is in my name under their Mileage Plus number, should there be any problems in the meal purchases made using this credit card being posted to their Mileage Plus account?
It shouldn't be a problem at all. I've done similar things for my sister's friend who's living overseas and created a MP Dining profile to top off her MP orphan miles although I used her own debit card for her. The only thing you have to do is creating your children's dining profiles and then register your separate credit/debit card numbers under their profiles. When adding credit/debit card numbers, no names are asked at all.

Test it with small purchases such as coffee drinks.

Good luck!
FMM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.