Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Most Creative, Unusual, Lavish Amenity Kits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Creative, Unusual, Lavish Amenity Kits?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2001, 10:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
Shareholder, LH has gone from a gray nylon zipped bag to a blue plastic bag with a drawstring in C class. The contents seem the same over the last 5 years or so.

They are better in F (really cool Bogner sweatshirts), but the rest of the kit is nothing spectacular, excepting the Gold Pfeil bag.
Old Apr 18, 2001, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
not strictly in the kit, but how about KLM's minitatures? One of the coolest in-flight amenities I've received.
http://en.nederland.klm.com/Business...miniatures.asp
Old Apr 19, 2001, 12:17 am

SanDiego1K, next time you're flying SQ in F or J, ask for the ladies' slippers. They do have smaller ones, but usually don't bother carrying them around since most of the people in F or C are guys anyway.

I also think that LH's amenity kits in C are nothing special, but they're still better than SQ's non-existing kits in J. I heard that LH recently added nose balm to their C kits, to help coping with the dry cabin air. And the blue bags are useful for packing shoes on the next trip. But I admit I'd rather have some Occitane goodies.
Old Apr 19, 2001, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
A friend travelled with Aeroflot back in 1994: at that time their Business Class pack was a simple plastic bag with a pair of socks and a toothbrush. They did however get a certificate of flight to record their travel.

Garuda Indonesia now offers rather attractive embroidered silk bags but with nothing exceptional inside.

Olympic Airways gives you a couple of dry-cleaning wipes, good for one use each (needless to say there is a rather large warning to test on an inconspicuous place first!)

Gulf Air First Class has anti-jetlag aromatherapy oils (from Floris in London) one to wake and one to sleep.

My parents recently threw out (but rescued by me!) a Varig pack from the late 60s that contained what was probably, for the time, a hip collection of items including a toothbrush with a clear plastic handle speckled with gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.