The best airline according to Zagat's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The best airline according to Zagat's

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2001, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It appears the quoted USA Today ranking is of U.S. Airlines. The International group had much higher ratings.

I prefer the Internationals for two main reasons.

They usually are less booked in economy.

Service in mother country is better for the home team than for the US airline.(I did not say good, or decent, just better)

jer
Old Mar 31, 2001, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta, UA, SPG
I fly over 40K on ME every year - which is why my handle is ME1st. I respectively disagree w/you almostgrounded I talk to the employees weekly and find they not only enjoy their work and employer but also take pride in the status that they have received year after year as being the "best care in the air". If this is a facade it's a well carried out one.

As far as moving to MCI - I don't hear any rumblings about this from my end (heart of WI) at the same time expansion has occurred in MCI it has been happening in OMA also.

They are truly a unique product in an ever-narrowing field - I hope they continue to strive for this distinction.
Old Apr 1, 2001, 11:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Loyal to Myself
I have been a United 1K for 8 years, and flew my first YX flight Friday, IND-MKE-LAX. Even though I grew up in Milwaukee, I had never flown them before.

I knew they had a good reputation, but I was genuinely shocked at how great they were. Great seats, great food, friendly people, and on time.

Boy, anytime I have to pay full fare in the future, or fly on non-UA routes, YX has first priority for me. And after I bag my million miles ina few months, it is a whole new ball game.

Way to go, Midwest Express.
Old Apr 1, 2001, 10:10 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
ME1st: Do you ever reach a level where you start earning any type of bonus miles? From what I can tell in my limited experience, there does not seem to be any concept of an elite level within Midwest Express. Not that it's a big deal when every flight is like an upgrade...but I'm just curious...
Old Apr 2, 2001, 5:36 am

Programs: Delta, UA, SPG
Yes ME has an elite level it's called ME FF+ - It's reached after flying 20K/yr or 20 segments. Bonus is 50% mileage credit and an additional 5000 miles bonus after each additional 10K flown. .
example: fly 20K
bonus mileage 10K
fly additional 10K
bonus mileage 5K
extra bonus 5K (after each add. 10K)
Total 50K

Their award tickets are only 20K and the miles are good on NW/KLM and Virgin Atlantic. They also code share with American Eagle.

You also receive yearly coupons good for things like 10K off an award ticket and the ability to fly on an award ticket even if there are no award seats available.

[This message has been edited by ME1st (edited 04-02-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.