Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Hilton Profile Update is BACK!!!!!! Calling All Hilton Groupies!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Profile Update is BACK!!!!!! Calling All Hilton Groupies!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2001, 1:46 pm
DOC 2 BE

Dear TQ --

My congratulations to you!!

You have done a remarkable service for so many people. I had not thought of posting this piece of news here, as well, as some of you will doubtless remember that I was attacked (I think for the first time, but unfortunately, I am sure, not the last)just a few short months ago for posting a question that some saw as only limited to Hilton, here in the "BUZZ." In addition, you will eventually see, that a debate erupts every so often here, about posting this type of news here, especially when it concerns only one such program.

The last time I recall this happening was when NW first unveiled its 10,000 miles promo. And it way a very good thing, indeed, that that promo was posted here, as there was a mistake in the original terms of the promo which allowed people who signed up before a certain cut off date, an easier time to obtain those miles. Had it not been posted here, many would not have been able to be "grandfathered" in under those original terms, and I think that still others may not know of its existence to this very day!! A good case in point, is the fact that the HHonors Conquest promos had been going on for literally a couple of months before it received wider dissemination as a result of OzStamp's posting of its terms here in the Buzz.

So a sincere thanx are in order to you in making this information obtainable to a wider audience. IMHO, this shows two things:

1). That a "Newbie," and I use that term with no derogatory intent, not affected by the wars that rage on this board from time to time, can not only contribute to the betterment of the community as a whole, but also,

2). That the fact that so many people have been able to take advantage of this opportunity who might otherwise not have been able to do so, should put to rest, hopefully once and for all, that old canard that postings limited to only one program, have no place here, in the Buzz.

Welcome to the Board, TQ, and I am sure I speak for many in thanking you for the service you have performed.

Old Mar 14, 2001, 10:02 pm

Thanks, quick 2K points!
Old Mar 15, 2001, 7:27 am

Hello,

Thanks for the points.

Va.SquireFlyer
Old Mar 16, 2001, 2:34 pm

Thanks so much! You made my day.
Old Mar 16, 2001, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I think you can do it twice and get 2,000 points.
Old Mar 16, 2001, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Old Mar 16, 2001, 2:58 pm
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by nologic:
Absolutely!!

Old Mar 16, 2001, 3:23 pm

I just did it and it gave different account # and only credited me for 1,000 point, am I doing it correctly or there is an other way ?
now I have to accounts one ######with new PIN and the other one with different ##### and PIN.
Old Mar 16, 2001, 4:46 pm
DOC 2 BE

It appears that you enrolled, not Updated. Remember only 1 Account per person.

Old Mar 16, 2001, 5:59 pm
T Q
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
Doc 2 Be...
aw shucks, thanks for the kind words, but I only learned to share my knowledge from everyone else on this website. It's such a wealth of information. And it's fun to learn something new almost everyday here! I told my husband (he's not into this cybersurfing) about some of the skirmishes on the FT site. We had a good laugh about it and he said maybe the webmaster could start a FT Survivor Forum where certain folks get voted off the site. Really..my feeling is it's 99% positive kind of like our workplace with a few bad apples here and there. It's also great fun and very addictive. thanks again for the kind words.. T Q
Old Mar 16, 2001, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
This thread only goes to show there are lots of newer FT readers all the time. And not all read the Hilton Forum. This same 2000 free points promo was very popular late last year, using same web link to access it, and these threads I started on it below generated many, many 100s of similar posts. Nice to see the deal revived - I'd forgotton all about it and had many dozens of posts on this in 2000! The Mexicana points deal made it even better then

The HH counter resets each quarter is the bottom line. Mark it in your diary.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/003354.html http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/003515.html http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum94/HTML/002427.html

------------------
~ Glen ~

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.