Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong to Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2000, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Hong Kong to Bangkok

Orient neophyte looking for any information that would help to obtain a lower airfare for a round-trip, for three pax, from Hong Kong to Bangkok: June 20 to June 27. The dominant carriers are (CX) Cathay Pacific and (TG) Thai Air. They both quote $549.00 for coach. Any method or any information regarding this posting would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Wineman
Old May 6, 2000, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Contact a local travel agent in HK.
I just got a great deal from traveller.com.hk , and also some decent price quotes from bsr.com.hk . You'll get a much better deal than the quoted price.
Old May 6, 2000, 9:36 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
G'day Wineman,
Yeah, that price is way too high - do not pay it. You can get a round trip ticket to BKK from HKG on the dates you mentioned for:

$1980 HKD on Emirates (excellent) Code 75
$1980 HKD / Gulf Air (also Excellent) 474
$2880 HKD to Phuket /free stopover BKK on Thai Airways Code 549
$3380 HKD on Cathay Horrific Code 394
$3380 HKD Business Class on China Air C-501
$4480 HKD Business Class on Emirates C-461

To get these fares contact the following link at Tiglion Travel in Hong Kong.I have purchased many tickets from Vicky and have not had any problems. They will courier the tickets anywhere in the world "at cost"(no handling charges.)
http://www02.tiglion.net/scripts/tra...=HK&country=TH

P.S. I own no shares or have any business interest in this company and all the rest of usual disclaimers.

Hope this helps

Dave Stevenson
Xiamen, China
Old May 6, 2000, 9:57 pm

Here's my response from your post on the Coupon Connection. Didn't know you had posted here, as well.

"Try a consolidator. I did a quick check on www.tiss.com, and it looks like you can get it for $263 on Emirates. Looks like they run a 777 on that route. Others may know of others consolidators."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.