Wiki Posts
Search

iDine's Rewards Changing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2004, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Exclamation iDine's Rewards Changing

Sorry for the crossposting - I know that the iDine forum isn't probably as widely read as this one, but please see the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383929

iDine's starting a new policy effective 7/1/05 & they've got tiers (kind of like an elite program) - basically, this drops iDine down significantly as one of my mileage earning tools.

Moderators, please close if you feel the need to - I just wanted to give this exposure to the majority of FT.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
Thank you for posting this here--I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Just wish the news weren't so .
Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
knew it would some day happen... bummer!

like many, been using this to shore up accounts or do promos like the NWA Fly Free Faster gig each spring. Well, we will see what happens, but I already have been dealing with the loss of several of my favorite watering holes and also witnessing the drop to 5miles per $ instead of the once std. 10.per.

Oh well!
MM
Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:38 pm

This is the beginning of the end for idine.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I never got many miles directly from idine anyway. I would hunt out a few places to visit to make my NWA bonus and that was all.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 2:14 pm
Suspended

bhatnasx --

You have done a public service by cross-posting this here.

Wife uses the 20% cash back option, I use miles -- generally when there are mileage promotions and the like.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:36 am

I averaged about 20-25 dines PER MONTH on idine (AA) for 2004...and this is how I get rewarded? Thanks...
How do I get the priviledge of qualifying for the 10 mile/$ places?
Old Dec 29, 2004, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
I averaged about 20-25 dines PER MONTH on idine (AA) for 2004...
Wow! That's a lot of eating out!!
Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
I just spoke with an Idine CS Rep. She says the employees only recently found out about the changes. She explained that it is a corporate decision in response to "changes made by the airlines". I told her I thought the only change there may be is a higher cost to buy the miles. She didn't seem to understand how that part works.

She said that she has only received negative feedback and expects a huge amount to come. The Rep offered to record my comments which are then sent to a department that tracks all of them. She encouraged you all to call. Here is an appropriate #:

800 555 5116

Maybe if we all committ to call and each get a few relatives and friends (who loved this program) to call we can make a difference. There have been many success stories on FT where we successfully battled such "enhancements". Delta and USAIR come to mind.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:30 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
That's like the first legitimate telephone number I've ever seen that starts with 555
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:39 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
to Idine. I have used both CO and DL idine 7 times each. No way will I be able to make 12 for the year. I did go out of my way to patronize those on idine's list, especially ones that I like. Otherwise, I will go there only if convenient and I am in the mood. Plus, there's one that I like that only allows one visit per month. How should I take care of that?
Old Dec 29, 2004, 1:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Kiss it goodbye, Idine! I will no longer be going out of my way to utilize IDine restaurants with this change. Idine started going downhill over a year ago when some of the restaurants began cutting back on the number of days miles would be awarded (namely Friday and Saturday nights). Then they cut back on the number of miles at some restaurants (from 10/$1 to 5/$1). Now this.

There is absolutely no way I plan to frequent more restaurants in order to earn less. Even if they offered the old 10 miles/$1 at the highest tier, I don't see myself making more "dining runs" to get there. At the lowest tier, 1 mile/$1 with Idine is basically equivalent to the car rental agencies. I used to give my business primarily to Hertz and Avis when you could earn 500 miles per rental. When that was cut to 1 mile/$1, I stopped giving Hertz/Avis all my business and don't even factor miles into the equation any more unless I need a rental for a larger promotion. Now I choose my car rental firm based strictly on price and take whatever meager miles they will provide me. With Idine, I will do the same except restaurant quality will be my lone criterion. Sadly, there are very few Idine restaurants I would assign the "high quality" label too....guess I won't be visiting many (if any) IDine locations next year.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by photog72
there's one that I like that only allows one visit per month.
Unless you've actually tried it, don't be so sure. One restaurant we frequent (more because their happy hour starts at 3:00 than because of iDine) claims to allow only one visit per month, but I've gotten as many as three credits in one month.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by MileKing
there are very few Idine restaurants I would assign the "high quality" label to
If they're good, they don't need the "gimmick" to draw customers in.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 1:37 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Now, what does one visit per month mean? One vist per calendar month? Or one visit every month - e.g. 10/8/04, 11/9/04, 12/10/04?

But, I'll try eating at this one place I really like (a gourmet deli, across the street from work), and see if it works. Still not enough time to get to 12 visits for 2004.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Unless you've actually tried it, don't be so sure. One restaurant we frequent (more because their happy hour starts at 3:00 than because of iDine) claims to allow only one visit per month, but I've gotten as many as three credits in one month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.