My Meeting with Rudi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Meeting with Rudi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 1998, 2:30 pm
Commander Catcop

OMNI posting (see Merry Flyer, you can relax and go "fight" with JayJ!)

Jaws43: I can babble on and on about people but as a great newswriter, the fewer and more dramatic words the faster and more direct the message. CATMAN

Old Nov 25, 1998, 6:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Thank you TravelDave

you helped me to upgrade my reputation vis-a-vis my wife (she told me, that she will never forget your approach saying something like "Here is my hero".

The pleasure (and your invitation for breakfast in the Marriott concierge lounge) was on our side.

And I guess that Andrea (my niece) will not forget your/your wife's invitation, you risk that she will really show up sooner or later.

And to all of my sceptical friends here on the board: Yes, I am related to TravelDave and his wife - since that San Francisco meeting!

(Rudi, form the Canadian Pacific Hotel Vancouver in Vancouver, BC, Canada - after a great meeting/lunch with another "relativ" + BlondeBomber).

Old Nov 25, 1998, 8:57 pm
Original Member

All right y'all. I now have to reveal the real Rudi gift that will keep me endeared to him for life and then some. Y'all can have my Swiss Chocolates, y'all can have my buffalo chips, even my javalina's and the barbeque brisket, but the Blanc...., oops, my mind was wandering, but the H.Upman from slightly south of Florida is better than Swiss Chocolates and lasts longer. Especially when I sit on my deck on an 80 degree Thanksgiving Day and savor the wonders
of "How do they do it"? Thank you Rudi for a
wonderful surprise!!!!
Old Nov 25, 1998, 9:00 pm
Original Member

Plus, it's the best thing I ever had with my boots on!!!

OMNI me if you want, Catman. I'm so happy I do not care.
Old Nov 25, 1998, 9:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
After I got through my business meeting in the morning, had a great lunch with Rudi and Gisela (his wife) at a charming little restaurant in Vancouver today. Had some of Lili's cake, made by an elderly (80+ years young) lady who has been entrusted with the secret recipe that is not written down--delicious. Thanks again Rudi--hope the snow cooperates at Whistler and the 49ers do OK next week. Safe travels home. Hope you had as good a time today as I did. Rudi is a class act, intelligent and fun too.
PS. Passed on your response to my daughter about your shared thoughts on airline food.
Old Nov 25, 1998, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jaws43...a H. Uppman from that enemy island nation? I feel sooooooooo discriminated against!
Old Nov 26, 1998, 9:49 am
Original Member

Jaws43... you too, have been enslaved...
Old Nov 27, 1998, 8:35 am
Original Member

Catman: Isn't the employer's measure of your effectiveness stated in column inches?
Old Nov 27, 1998, 11:07 am
Original Member

Yeeeesssssss!!!! The H. Upmann lived up to it's anticipated billing. Hang the pilgrims and the turkey, another hearty Swiss Thanks to my "Master" from Switzerland.
Old Nov 27, 1998, 2:43 pm
Commander Catcop

BlondeBomber... I am glad that you and Rudi
got to meet. As I said he is a wonderful
friend to have lunch and a good talk with.
He's smart and has a great sense of humour.

Ditto OneFreeman and Rae, our newlyweds! It
was nice to get a warm welcome at their San Diego wedding (the one good part about that trip!)

OMNI POSTINGS: Philforest: a cat has NO MASTER. I prowl alone without being reigned
in by work or cigars or anything (except maybe my cats!)

Merry Flyer: You were an OK cat cop but you
let Mr. Branson and Emmett's relatives sometimes have free reign. I should have you talk with Baobab about keeping control! But
you are a good friend!

ALSO: Ready to be a co-cat-cop PREMEX? It's your three day run starting Saturday! Congratulations...

My next two co-cat-cops are: BlondeBomber and
Matt Wald (Keep those mustard pretzels off the boards!) CATMAN

Old Nov 27, 1998, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you read that everyone? Catman put ME "in charge" for the next 3 days! A lapse in judgement, I'm sure. Let the fur fly! This may be your one and only chance to tell those cruel but funny cat jokes you've all been storing up. OMNI, OMNI, OMNI everyone! Let's form a Conga Line! Oops...I feel a demotion coming. Oh well, while the cat's away....
Old Nov 28, 1998, 1:40 am
Commander Catcop

Rudi... I hope you are well and that I am
doing my best keeping everyone in line in
your absense.

PremEx... The cat's NOT away, it's Rudi. and
as the CAT COP COMMISSIONER he's not going to take it very lightly with any cruel cat jokes
or anything that makes my cats upset. All
I ask is that you keep any Emmett related
people from getting otu of hand (also let's
keep these boards political free.... I will NOT explain further.)

Seriously, I trust you PremEx so you should
be fine.

If you're all good maybe SANTA CLAWS will put good cigars in your dens for the holidays! If I get any I'll just send mine to the first taker! CATMAN
Old Nov 28, 1998, 6:44 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Its my turn to meet Rudi next. Tomorrow evening between flights at SEA. I think he is determined to meet all of us eventually!
Old Nov 30, 1998, 8:56 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I met with (mmmmmm) Rudi and his wonderful (mmmmm yummmm) family last night at the mmmmmm Red Carpet Club in (mmmmmm yummmm) Seattle. We chatted for (mmmm ooooh) about an hour between (mmmmmm) his flight connection. (Ohhh) And yes, my wife and I are throroughly enjoying (yummmmm) the Suisse chocolates!

He showed me the most amazing passport I have ever seen! Every page saturated with ink and stamps from places all over the globe. The Iraqi passport stamps were an interesting conversation piece!
Old Nov 30, 1998, 12:26 pm
Original Member

Rudi - should you ever make it to Santiago, it would be my pleasure to meet you, drink the wine and talk the talk. This goes out to any of you FlyerTalk junkies as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.