Old Apr 23, 2023, 9:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by yuel
Its about time, June 12
Daily Getaways (ustravel.org)
Thanks for the heads-up here.

Looking forward to the deals this time. Plan on buying more of the same as last time, but also to buy some offers which I had previously skipped buying.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Thanks for the heads-up here.

Looking forward to the deals this time. Plan on buying more of the same as last time, but also to buy some offers which I had previously skipped buying.
I made the choice to participate in the same deal you think is an especially good value and I have to say I agree
Old Jun 5, 2023, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
The first two weeks of preview is up, appears to be the usual offerings but Marriott is in the first 2 weeks
Old Jun 5, 2023, 2:54 pm

Is there any of you Ladies / Gents who is not based in US and has succeeded using a non-US CC to pay?

I would take interest in some hotel points, not because of the price (e.g. one can regularly buy direct with 100% bonus from both Hilton and IHG), but because these purchases would come on the top of the yearly purchase limit.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
Is there any of you Ladies / Gents who is not based in US and has succeeded using a non-US CC to pay?

I would take interest in some hotel points, not because of the price (e.g. one can regularly buy direct with 100% bonus from both Hilton and IHG), but because these purchases would come on the top of the yearly purchase limit.
I have purchased with a Canadian credit card in the past. From Loews, Marriott and Hilton,
MichaelA380 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 8:25 am

Thanks a lot allbrosca. I am based in Europe, so I presume it will be trickier, but I will give it a try on Monday with IHG.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Is the 0.5 cent/ ihg point a good deal? Thank you!
Old Jun 6, 2023, 3:20 pm

This is as good as the best offers IHG itself has had from time to time (which are in some cases targeted). In my approximately 12 years of being IHG member I have not seen anything better. I have read stories about 0.4c sales in the not recent past, but that has been quite a while ago.

However, the usual disclaimer: one would buy points only when one would have plans how to use them, piling them up is no good with dynamic pricing (unless one willingly wants to take the risk and wait for the next IHG IT breakdown to book reward nights at criminally cheap point rates)
MDtR-Chicago likes this.

Last edited by MichaelA380; Jun 6, 2023 at 3:26 pm
Old Jun 7, 2023, 5:46 am

When IHG runs 100% bonus, you can buy through TCB from points.com for that price and you also get a few percentage points rebate (it always works out for slightly more than what TCB posts for some reason) so effectively, buying via an IHG sale rate is a bit cheaper than this deal.

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
This is as good as the best offers IHG itself has had from time to time (which are in some cases targeted). In my approximately 12 years of being IHG member I have not seen anything better. I have read stories about 0.4c sales in the not recent past, but that has been quite a while ago.

However, the usual disclaimer: one would buy points only when one would have plans how to use them, piling them up is no good with dynamic pricing (unless one willingly wants to take the risk and wait for the next IHG IT breakdown to book reward nights at criminally cheap point rates)
Old Jun 7, 2023, 11:24 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by yuel
The first two weeks of preview is up, appears to be the usual offerings but Marriott is in the first 2 weeks
Yeah, I wish they would offer more Marriott. I know these are pretty much the same as previous years, but it still seems some of these do not really have any value added savings.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 3:42 am

Programs: LH Sen
I got some IHG points yesterday, any idea, based on previous years' experience when do the points actually post? The site says 10 business days, which seems a bit long.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Was expecting the IHG sales to remain unsold through the end of the day (like in past years) but surprise, they all show sold out! It would have been a preemptive purchase so I am not too bummed but a data point for 2023 Daily Getaways buyers.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 9:18 am

IHG Points appear to have posted today, but the amount is wrong if you purchased more than 1 package.

I bought 2 x 25000 and 4 x 5000.
Only got 1 credit of 25000 and 5000.

Gonna wait out the entire 10 business days.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I got a correct grand total of 295k points today (spread across multliple amounts and 6 separate transactions).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.