Wiki Posts
Search

BOG airport security

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2000, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL, Hawaiian, Hilton, AMEX
BOG airport security

Does anyone have information on the safety of the BOG airport? Changing planes? How good and/or reliable are the police in the airport itself?
Old Feb 27, 2000, 7:46 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

BOG= "Best On Guard"!

A bad rep for sure but....

All the very best to you on your trip!
Old Feb 27, 2000, 8:05 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have been to Bogata and Cali a few times, but not for a couple of years now. The security was very, very thorough. They checked your bags as you LEFT the country. I do not remember any check as I got there. One time I had to change from the International airport in Bogata to the national airport. It was a three minute taxi that was a big ripoff.
Old Feb 27, 2000, 9:11 pm

I have no statistics on BOG's safety record.

However, I can say that my one trip there involved passing numerous checkpoints. So many that I first got on Continental's coach-class line 2 hours before the flight but only arrived at the gate 15 minutes before departure.

30 Minutes--Continental check-in
10 Minutes--boarding pass check
20 Minutes--emigration
20 Minutes--X Ray machine
10 Minutes--Manual luggage search (they searched in every pocket of my bag except the one with the Swiss Army knife)
10 Minutes--Pat down by gender
5 Minutes--Continental run X-Ray machine

You may be able to avoid some of these checkpoints if just changing planes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.