Reload this Page >

Daily getaways 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Daily getaways 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:31 pm

When is Daily Getaways last call for remaining packages - like when will they pull the remaining inventory?

The site mentions “Between October 7, 2021 and November 5, 2021” in the terms so maybe Nov 5?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
I just bought some Hilton points. How long does it take for it to show up? The redemption details shows 3-4 weeks. Does it truly take that long?
Still no Hilton points. I am worried. I bought the 250K. It's an expensive experiment. Should have gone with a smaller purchase for my first purchase. I guess if it never shows up, I can ask for a back charge on the credit card.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 7:12 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by mster
When is Daily Getaways last call for remaining packages - like when will they pull the remaining inventory?

The site mentions “Between October 7, 2021 and November 5, 2021” in the terms so maybe Nov 5?
Not only is the last call going on now; but you have always been able to purchase any packages which remained available by going back to the date which they were offered.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 9:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lkar
A purchase of choice points coded as travel and earned 3x membership rewards points on Amex Green.

The points have also posted to choice.com.
So Chase has had this coded as something beside travel (at least for 2021). Amex has this coded as travel. In which category does Citi have this coded?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I was up at 2am and hitting refresh for 20 minutes on all three options before I scored Marriott 3x$100. Tried for another 5 minutes and the SOLD OUT appeared at the 30 minute mark. They posted about 2 days later.
Picked up some Choice points when they were first released, then added some more a week later. First points posted after a week.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I have been involved in buying a lot of Choice points via the Daily Getaways over several years now -- millions of them quite literally.
Given most Choice redemptions are under 20,000, it would take forever to burn millions. What have you been doing with all the points? Did you use Preferred Hotels, or perhaps airline transfers?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
Given most Choice redemptions are under 20,000, it would take forever to burn millions. What have you been doing with all the points? Did you use Preferred Hotels, or perhaps airline transfers?
I have used them for Preferred Hotels and even some airline miles at times, but the vast majority of my purchased Choice points are redeemed for award nights at Choice branded hotels. My mean redemption cost for Choice's own hotels is probably around 10k points per room night. It's a lot of room nights paid for using points -- each and every month for each and every year for a good number of years, and not always just a single room per night.
nsx likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 23, 2021 at 9:39 am
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:29 am

I have used them for Preferred Hotels and even some airline miles at times, but the vast majority of my purchased Choice points are redeemed for award nights at Choice branded hotels. My mean redemption cost for Choice's own hotels is probably around 10k points per room night. It's a lot of room nights paid for using points -- each and every month for each and every year for a good number of years, and not always just a single room per night.
While I like the Choice hotels I have stayed at in Japan and think they represent fair value, I can't see myself staying more than a few days in any one location. The main reason is they tend to be pretty small.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Most of the Choice hotel rooms I've had assigned on my award stays are usually at least around the same size as typical bedrooms which I've seen at private homes in the same cities; but the hotel rooms have the bonus of their own en-suite bathroom.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 6:25 pm

Most of the Choice hotel rooms I've had assigned on my award stays are usually at least around the same size as typical bedrooms which I've seen at private homes in the same cities; but the hotel rooms have the bonus of their own en-suite bathroom.
I have only stayed at the Inn and Hotel in Japan. In the doubles you can basically sit on the bed and work at the desk and are also pretty tight for a couple. Twins are better. That said, they are always very clean and the lobby area is a big plus.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:38 pm

Base rooms at Comfort Hotels in Japan are usually 13sqm / 140 sqft which is extremely tight. It's not unusual for Japan, but it is definitely something to keep in mind.
GUWonder and JapanFlyerT like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:01 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by lkar
A purchase of choice points coded as travel and earned 3x membership rewards points on Amex Green.

The points have also posted to choice.com.
Still waiting on my choice points. And tomorrow is the 15th business day in the T&C they have to post them. Looks like I’ll have to call. Sadly choice customer service is a disaster. Worst case I’ll do a charge back if they don’t show up.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:59 pm

So Chase has had this coded as something beside travel (at least for 2021). Amex has this coded as travel. In which category does Citi have this coded?
Chase coded it as gift/donation (at least this year). I can't remember what it was 2 years ago, maybe travel.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:23 pm
Suspended

I noticed daily getaways has loaded new 2,500 points IHG packages. Those are slightly discounted, it is $12 as opposed to $12.50 (which would be equivalent to the rate of the other packages).

Not a big discount but still. Anybody tried to buy another 5 packages? After all, it looks a bit like a new offer as the initial allotment/stock sold out quickly.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by EDB99
I noticed daily getaways has loaded new 2,500 points IHG packages. Those are slightly discounted, it is $12 as opposed to $12.50.
Thanks for the heads up. Was looking to buy more IHG points today so bought 5 of these. First purchase of a 2500 point package. Other purchases were higher point packages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.