Wiki Posts
Search

5,000 AAdvantage for $19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by GreatLeader
we got fooled
Sometimes the links take and other times they don't. I am not worried. It will just take a bit more effort to follow up and get the points.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Two messages sent re: where are my promised points---45 days have long passed. Received this response today:
"Allow me to inform you that this information has been forwarded to our research department for review. Please allow 4-8 weeks for this matter to be resolved. Please be aware that if the information provided is not accurate and complete, this can delay and extend the research process."
I let the subscription go 2 months and will now cancel so I don't get charged a third. Time to file some complaints.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: AA, Honors, Skymiles
Originally Posted by Steph58
Two messages sent re: where are my promised points---45 days have long passed. Received this response today:
"Allow me to inform you that this information has been forwarded to our research department for review. Please allow 4-8 weeks for this matter to be resolved. Please be aware that if the information provided is not accurate and complete, this can delay and extend the research process."
I let the subscription go 2 months and will now cancel so I don't get charged a third. Time to file some complaints.
so we did get motley'd then
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
My request for the miles was flat-out rejected, after being forced to wait 45 days.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
My request for the miles was flat-out rejected, after being forced to wait 45 days.
How so? on what basis?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I called to cancel today, I'm around day 58-59 since opening my account. I asked Motley about the missing miles. They gave me an email to contact for this problem. Will be interesting to see how they respond: [email protected]
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:08 am

I would dispute the charges via credit card company if they are not giving you the miles
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by manually
I would dispute the charges via credit card company if they are not giving you the miles
I don't think that's possible since I was technically paying for service from TMF, not the miles portal...
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by GreatLeader
How so? on what basis?
They said it's all automated, and if it didn't register then the problem was definitely on my end. I find that hard to believe since I have other successful transactions via the portal and my visit to the site via the portal is listed in the click-through history. The actual purchase simply never appeared on the transaction list.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:20 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Steph58
I called to cancel today, I'm around day 58-59 since opening my account. I asked Motley about the missing miles. They gave me an email to contact for this problem. Will be interesting to see how they respond: [email protected]
I got that same link from the Fool and finally got a response from the Ascent that they are not in any way involved with the fullfillment process. It's a stall by the Fool. Cartera's "contact us" link is also apparently not working for me as they said none of my information came through on three attempted emails to them. Of well, time to move on and get the Fool to return the money.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:35 am

They said it's all automated, and if it didn't register then the problem was definitely on my end. I find that hard to believe since I have other successful transactions via the portal and my visit to the site via the portal is listed in the click-through history. The actual purchase simply never appeared on the transaction list.
It has happened to me before with a smaller amount of miles that didn't register for like two months. To avoid what you described from happening, I asked them to verify the purchase long before, and they did. However, now they are silent (besides a canned response as seen above). I wonder what it's all about
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:20 pm

I don't think that's possible since I was technically paying for service from TMF, not the miles portal...
You were paying for both combination. Otherwise you would not have signed up. If I do not get my miles soon, I will be disputing.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:28 pm

I got the following response today, which appears to be a mix of canned and customized paragraphs:

"Thank you for your email.

I have confirmed that more than 45 days have passed from the purchase date. Since the reward for this order is rather large, it is our policy to investigate with the merchant to find out why it was not credited and attempt to obtain payment for the order in order to pass it back to you. Therefore, I am sending this order to be investigated immediately. Because a third party (The Motley Fool) will now be involved, we ask that you please allow 4-8 weeks for a definite resolution. However, we hope to have this issue resolved much sooner than that.

A representative will follow up with you periodically to let you know the status of your case.

Please note, on all orders purchased via AAdvantage eShopping, taxes and shipping fees are not eligible to earn miles. Also, keep in mind that all elevated offers end at 11:59 ET on the last day of the elevated offer run time.

Be aware that when you click over to the merchant site from the AAdvantage eShopping site or activate the Button, you will see the number of miles offered at that time by that merchant. If an eligible order is made following that click or activation, you will be rewarded the displayed miles. This mile offer may change from time to time.

Our records indicate that on August 6, 2018, AAdvantage eShopping was offering 7400 miles. Since we have no record of the offer that you are describing, we are unable to add more reward miles to your AAdvantage eShopping account.

We deeply appreciate your understanding in this matter and your continued patronage. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other concerns or need additional information.

**If you use the Safari browser, please see here.

***In order to answer your questions in a timely manner, please reply to this email with any further questions or additional information relating to this inquiry.

Regards,

Axxxxx
AAdvantage eShoppingSM Customer Care"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll give them the stipulated time frame of 4-8 weeks, and after that I will highlight the issue to credit card company. Normally, when you dispute for non-fulfillment of service/contract there is a time limit of 90 days or more so hoping I can hear before that. Similar to others, my purchase appears in the merchant click-thru history on AA portal but not on purchase confirmation section. Fortunately, I had send them an email few days after and got them to acknowledge the purchase as one of the other poster highlighted.
If enough of us pressure either Cartera/MF they may end up doing the right thing. But it is still a waste of time for to be taken into such stupid gimmicks.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Montreal
I got the following response today, which appears to be a mix of canned and customized paragraphs:

"Thank you for your email.

I have confirmed that more than 45 days have passed from the purchase date. Since the reward for this order is rather large, it is our policy to investigate with the merchant to find out why it was not credited and attempt to obtain payment for the order in order to pass it back to you. Therefore, I am sending this order to be investigated immediately. Because a third party (The Motley Fool) will now be involved, we ask that you please allow 4-8 weeks for a definite resolution. However, we hope to have this issue resolved much sooner than that.

A representative will follow up with you periodically to let you know the status of your case.

Please note, on all orders purchased via AAdvantage eShopping, taxes and shipping fees are not eligible to earn miles. Also, keep in mind that all elevated offers end at 11:59 ET on the last day of the elevated offer run time.

Be aware that when you click over to the merchant site from the AAdvantage eShopping site or activate the Button, you will see the number of miles offered at that time by that merchant. If an eligible order is made following that click or activation, you will be rewarded the displayed miles. This mile offer may change from time to time.

Our records indicate that on August 6, 2018, AAdvantage eShopping was offering 7400 miles. Since we have no record of the offer that you are describing, we are unable to add more reward miles to your AAdvantage eShopping account.

We deeply appreciate your understanding in this matter and your continued patronage. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other concerns or need additional information.

**If you use the Safari browser, please see here.

***In order to answer your questions in a timely manner, please reply to this email with any further questions or additional information relating to this inquiry.

Regards,

Axxxxx
AAdvantage eShoppingSM Customer Care"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll give them the stipulated time frame of 4-8 weeks, and after that I will highlight the issue to credit card company. Normally, when you dispute for non-fulfillment of service/contract there is a time limit of 90 days or more so hoping I can hear before that. Similar to others, my purchase appears in the merchant click-thru history on AA portal but not on purchase confirmation section. Fortunately, I had send them an email few days after and got them to acknowledge the purchase as one of the other poster highlighted.
If enough of us pressure either Cartera/MF they may end up doing the right thing. But it is still a waste of time for to be taken into such stupid gimmicks.
Both parties arer pointing the fingers at the other
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: Too many to list
what ever you do, use throwaway email. its impossible to unsubscribe from their junk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.