Reload this Page >

5,000 AAdvantage for $19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5,000 AAdvantage for $19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by JonKarol
You shop thru the aadvantageeshopping portal. Then click on the $19/month offer on the motley fool's site. Miles posted within a week, but I'm planning to wait the 45 days required in T&Cs to avoid any chance of reversal.
Thanks I found it, also saw a similar offer on SW for 5400 miles. Can this be used wherever you see it?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:45 am

My account shows the store visits on August 1, but no transactions....seems...odd.

Last edited by largeeyes; Aug 13, 2018 at 2:03 am
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
For those that have the fool transaction tracking, how long was it between doing the purchase and it showing as a transaction on the aa shopping portal (as opposed to just a visit) ?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by largeeyes
My account shows the store visits on August 1, but no transactions....seems...odd.
Same issue on my end; albeit, I made the transaction on August 7th, but nothing has posted yet, with the exception of the store visits.
largeeyes likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by MDFFlyer
Same issue on my end; albeit, I made the transaction on August 7th, but nothing has posted yet, with the exception of the store visits.
Same here again. My visit and purchase was August 5th. Is this no longer tracking, in which case can we get a refund?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:28 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Same problem here. 3 separate orders, 3 separate people and accounts.
All made on Aug 5th. I made sure to close and log out and in for each person and close Motely fool browser window each time.
1account (the first one I purchased with) had miles post in 3days with email confirmation you’ve earned miles and it showed as a transaction right away not just as a site visit.
Other 2 accounts only show I visited the page from AA shopping portal., no transaction. I sent inquiry email with order numbers and haven’t received any reply in a week. How do we get hold of the AA shopping site folks other than the email inquiry links that they don’t reply to?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by tangey
For those that have the fool transaction tracking, how long was it between doing the purchase and it showing as a transaction on the aa shopping portal (as opposed to just a visit) ?
My purchase was 8/6 and I received a confirmation from AAdvantage eShopping the same day. The points posted to my account yesterday 8/13 or today 8/14 with a date of 8/6/18.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Bigshaker
Same problem here. 3 separate orders, 3 separate people and accounts.
All made on Aug 5th. I made sure to close and log out and in for each person and close Motely fool browser window each time.
1account (the first one I purchased with) had miles post in 3days with email confirmation you’ve earned miles and it showed as a transaction right away not just as a site visit.
Other 2 accounts only show I visited the page from AA shopping portal., no transaction. I sent inquiry email with order numbers and haven’t received any reply in a week. How do we get hold of the AA shopping site folks other than the email inquiry links that they don’t reply to?
They replied quickly to my contact, but no solution yet.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by mhdena
Thanks I found it, also saw a similar offer on SW for 5400 miles. Can this be used wherever you see it?
I did it for AA and SWA. SW posted 2 days after sign up, AA hasn't posted yet.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by largeeyes
They replied quickly to my contact, but no solution yet.
They responded to me too, asking: "In order for me to proceed with your inquiry, please provide me with the order number and e-receipt from your purchase so I can further investigate."

However, did any of you ever get an order number and an e-receipt? I never got one. I e-mailed Motley, but they haven't responded to me yet.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:25 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by MDFFlyer
They responded to me too, asking: "In order for me to proceed with your inquiry, please provide me with the order number and e-receipt from your purchase so I can further investigate."

However, did any of you ever get an order number and an e-receipt? I never got one. I e-mailed Motley, but they haven't responded to me yet.
i still haven’t received any reply to my two inquiries to Cartera??
I did get emails from Motely within a minute of ordering. Looks like this (not real order number below). I already provided the order numbers in my inquiries to Cartera just no response from them at all yet.
Did your credit card get charged by Motely? If yes they should be able to provide you the order numbers. [email protected] is the email contact.

Order Summary (12345678)

Product
Motley Fool Stock Advisor
(8/5/2018-9/5/2918)

You Paid $19
MDFFlyer likes this.

Last edited by Bigshaker; Aug 19, 2018 at 10:23 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:56 am

Terms now state monthly subs ineligible for offer and accounts have to be open for 60 x days now.

Last edited by Tilly71; Aug 19, 2018 at 8:05 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Not looking good now, per the posts above. I purchased on 8/5 as well, received confirming email (2nd email has confirmation number).. Only shows as click through on AA shopping site, not a purchase yet. I made a screen print of the offer. Hoping Motley honors the 30 day money back guarantee as I'm not up for a 2 month email battle with the Cartera group.
largeeyes and MDFFlyer like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58
Not looking good now, per the posts above. I purchased on 8/5 as well, received confirming email (2nd email has confirmation number).. Only shows as click through on AA shopping site, not a purchase yet. I made a screen print of the offer. Hoping Motley honors the 30 day money back guarantee as I'm not up for a 2 month email battle with the Cartera group.

I’m up for the battle and will get American Advantage CS involved too if Cartera doesn’t post the miles since I’m sure they have a direct contact at Cartera for disputes.
I have screen shots of the 7,400 mile offer, the redirect in progress from the shopping portal, the record of the site visit on the shopping portal under each account, the email confirmations from Motely with order number, the credit card bill, the tc’s showing must keep open only for 45 days.
I don’t think there is much they can dispute. 7,400 miles X 3 family accounts is a lot of miles compared with what you usually get on the shopping portal.
It’s a shame one has to gather this much evidence for a AA shopping portal purchase to earn miles but that’s seems to be the way the system works unfortunately.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:29 am

Ugh, this has taken a turn for the worse. I too am tending to simply cancel. I also noticed I haven't even gotten my 100+ miles from a hotel stay I booked in June. What a mess over at aa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.