Reload this Page >

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 9:02 am

Has anyone here ever bought the Fairmont ovation certs? I'm wondering whether they are limited to the specific hotels mentioned or are instead just cat B or C certs. My guess is the latter, but they can't market it that way since this is supposed to be a USA travel promotion. That said, I don't want to be stuck with certs only usable at one place. Probably moot since there are so few, but if anyone happens to have the answer, thanks in advance.
Old May 5, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well, five business days later still no Choice points... Damn...
Old May 7, 2017, 9:24 pm

Has anyone received the Hilton points yet? Still waiting...
Old May 8, 2017, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by glasszon
Has anyone received the Hilton points yet? Still waiting...
Mine have posted to 1 of 3 accounts today.
Old May 8, 2017, 9:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lkar
Has anyone here ever bought the Fairmont ovation certs? I'm wondering whether they are limited to the specific hotels mentioned or are instead just cat B or C certs. My guess is the latter, but they can't market it that way since this is supposed to be a USA travel promotion. That said, I don't want to be stuck with certs only usable at one place. Probably moot since there are so few, but if anyone happens to have the answer, thanks in advance.
I was curious about this as well and was hopeful that someone who knew would answer. In the absence of that, I looked through the T&C at the daily getaway website and the fairmont website as well. I will assume that the certificates are valid at any hotel and room type in the certificate category.

my deduction is based on a) the implied but not explicit wording on the daily getaway website, and b) the fact that the order form for "Ovation" certificates specifies category and room type and not the specific hotel.

in any case, with so few available, they would be extremely hard to snag.
Old May 8, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Anybody have Choice points post yet??
Old May 8, 2017, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise
I was curious about this as well and was hopeful that someone who knew would answer. In the absence of that, I looked through the T&C at the daily getaway website and the fairmont website as well. I will assume that the certificates are valid at any hotel and room type in the certificate category.

my deduction is based on a) the implied but not explicit wording on the daily getaway website, and b) the fact that the order form for "Ovation" certificates specifies category and room type and not the specific hotel.

in any case, with so few available, they would be extremely hard to snag.
I ended up not able to try due to a work meeting. But yeah, I'm sure they went in a second.
Old May 8, 2017, 12:58 pm

My choice points have posted!!!
Old May 8, 2017, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by miadukes
My choice points have posted!!!
Mine, too.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:29 pm

On a lark I tried for the Fairmont Hawaii package and got it. I never stay with them, have no status, and have to find a way to max out the value.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by acker
On a lark I tried for the Fairmont Hawaii package and got it. I never stay with them, have no status, and have to find a way to max out the value.
I was there last year for 5 or 6 nights. It's a nice property but I didn't find that wow factor but I think its because I am from florida so an ocean and palm tree don't really wow me! LOL

I think I read that the package included breakfast, if you do end up going make sure you get the coconut syrup with the pancakes, OMG I would fly back down i a heart beat for that Syrup!!

BTW Congrats on getting it since there were only like 10 available or somethign super ridiculous!

Also, sign up for their membersip program, it at least gives you faster internet on property which you will definitely need here as cell phone service on the inside is spotty.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a thought about the upcoming Hyatt points: not worth it anymore. This will be the first year I won't try for these.

The points are just not worth as much, and, with the Ink card, they're too easy to get. Beyond that, World of Hyatt causes me no end of problems and I'm getting pretty tired of just trying to get from Hyatt what their terms promise. I shouldn't have to spend this much time getting my loyalty rewards.

Anyway, if you're trying to get those packages, you'll have less competition this year as I won't be bothering. Think carefully about whether this is worth your money.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goliath
Mine, too.

Mine also. Finally.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by acker
Please come back and post whether they are actually Ovation C certificates or are only useable at the Fairmont in Hawaii. If they are Ovation certs, they are actually pretty valuable. There are some really great hotels in the C collection. There needs to be Fairmont Room availability, and some properties try to play games with designating rooms higher categories, but the nice thing about Fairmont is their customer service is pretty good and they will work with you on Ovation certs. They come with breakfast for two, which is nice.
Old May 9, 2017, 11:38 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
It's a miracle...

After 30 min of clicking, finally got the 16,500 pt Hertz package. Thank you to whoever didn't complete their purchase. Basically 6 weeks of premium cars at LAX and/or SFO at $116 per week, plus taxes and fees. Definitely worth it as I need about 12 rental car-weeks per year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.