Search

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DealAddict
How the heck did you guys manage that? 8 packages????? I got nada, zilch. I started at 1:00 pm sharp.
Watching the clock very closely to get the timing for the refresh set right and then a high speed connection on enough fast devices with fast enough fingers and prior practice knowing where the "buy" buttons. All of that makes chances a whole lot better.

Video game jockey skills help.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Watching the clock very closely to get the timing for the refresh set right and then a high speed connection on enough fast devices with fast enough fingers and prior practice knowing where the "buy" buttons. All of that makes chances a whole lot better.

If this wasn't so true it would be funny.

I literally have ny account number copied so I can just change the quantity to 2 and then paste it on 3 screens lol I send the same to my coworker who does the same but we managed between the 2 of us a vegas deal last year of which there were only like 10 available. I couldn't believe it !LOL
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:10 pm

Interesting that Choice sold out. Could people still be transferring to Southwest?

Considering that even diamond elites only get a 100 day advance award booking window; I wouldn't hoard points in this program.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Interesting that Choice sold out. Could people still be transferring to Southwest?

Considering that even diamond elites only get a 100 day advance award booking window; I wouldn't hoard points in this program.
i was surprised as well but for us this program presents great value redeeming nights at 8k so for us it means I was able to get 23 nights at $31 a night ( after 5% cash back from credit card)
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Yes, well, I was doing all that. Perhaps I need better timing.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DealAddict
Yes, well, I was doing all that. Perhaps I need better timing.
Practice and video game skills make perfect enough.

I suggest practicing with those deals that are still yet unsold. Short of dealing with those using programmed tools -- and it doesn't seem like anyone is using them enough even on the quickly sold out deals to beat all of the manual attempts -- there are certainly ways to get better and better at picking up the deals. Practice is useful, as is advance planning and understanding the timing and selection interfacing better.

Do I still miss out on some of these deals? Yes, but I'd probably miss fewer of them with better practice, better advance planning and better working of the time interfaces than we already do.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Marriott went FAST. wow
Old May 4, 2017, 11:16 am

Marriott sells out within a second.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:27 am

The strategy was to go for the $500 first and then for the $100 -- I think that worked for me because others were going for the $250s and there just weren't very many. I was hoping to get $1,000 worth today, but only ended with $800. Not bad.

How times change, right? It used to be you could get Marriott gift cards with incredible points and discount bonuses. Now, I'm refreshing my computer in the middle of the work day just to save $160 to buy gift cards that front desk people don't know how to use and often just lead to frustration. It's a funny game I guess.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
The strategy was to go for the $500 first and then for the $100 -- I think that worked for me because others were going for the $250s and there just weren't very many. I was hoping to get $1,000 worth today, but only ended with $800. Not bad.

How times change, right? It used to be you could get Marriott gift cards with incredible points and discount bonuses. Now, I'm refreshing my computer in the middle of the work day just to save $160 to buy gift cards that front desk people don't know how to use and often just lead to frustration. It's a funny game I guess.
I went for the $500 GC as well, but all of them were put on hold within a split second... I clicked on the button immediately after clock struck 1pm est... maybe my internet isn't fast enough.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:33 pm

The only thing I want is the base Hertz package ... do I have a shot? lol
Old May 5, 2017, 6:16 am

Still waiting for Choice. They were so fast last year!
Old May 5, 2017, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Choice took 3 business days last year.
Old May 5, 2017, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by twoner32
Marriott went FAST. wow
Surprisingly I got a $500 one. Absolutely hilarious my hands were shaking.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by goliath
Choice took 3 business days last year.
Exactly why I was hoping they'd be in my account by now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.