U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:58 pm

Hyatt offers

For the Hyatt offers, do we essentially pay $ for points? For instance, $330 will get 30k Hyatt points deposited into my account, for the "Hyatt Elite" offer for 2 nights at a category 4 hotel.

I would think if I buy this package, I am free to use the 30k however I want, i.e. I don't have to use it for 2 nights at a category 4 hotel; I can combine it with my existing points and redeem it for any category hotel and any # of nights.

However, in the terms & conditions, it states that

"Package includes 30,000 Bonus Points that may be redeemed at participating Category 4 hotels."

The above is confusing to me, as it implies I must use it toward a category 4 hotel. But how can they track that, unless they put the 30k points in a separate bucket from my existing and future points??
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
For the Hyatt offers, do we essentially pay $ for points? For instance, $330 will get 30k Hyatt points deposited into my account, for the "Hyatt Elite" offer for 2 nights at a category 4 hotel.

I would think if I buy this package, I am free to use the 30k however I want, i.e. I don't have to use it for 2 nights at a category 4 hotel; I can combine it with my existing points and redeem it for any category hotel and any # of nights.

However, in the terms & conditions, it states that

"Package includes 30,000 Bonus Points that may be redeemed at participating Category 4 hotels."

The above is confusing to me, as it implies I must use it toward a category 4 hotel. But how can they track that, unless they put the 30k points in a separate bucket from my existing and future points??
It is just points to use any way you want.

However you won't have to worry about that because your chance is about 1:1,000,000 that you will be able to purchase it.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by 777topdog
It is just points to use any way you want.

However you won't have to worry about that because your chance is about 1:1,000,000 that you will be able to purchase it.
Why is that? I know there's a limited # of packages for sale... is it a lottery, or first come first serve?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Why is that? I know there's a limited # of packages for sale... is it a lottery, or first come first serve?
First & Fastest fingers win...and that's not easily done, even using atomic clock settings, etc.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:57 am
Suspended

Hotel Points

Originally Posted by goliath
Their points deals are pretty great for the value! IHG, Wyndham and Hilton are definitely worth checking out.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
I have a question regarding the hilton points. I'm thinking of buying them (want to use them in the Maldives) but I'm not a US resident. Is it an issue?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by milgom
I have a question regarding the hilton points. I'm thinking of buying them (want to use them in the Maldives) but I'm not a US resident. Is it an issue?
You may find that your non-US credit card gets bounced when you try to purchase. Also, good luck dueling against the 4653272536467 other people who will be trying for those packages.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
You may find that your non-US credit card gets bounced when you try to purchase. Also, good luck dueling against the 4653272536467 other people who will be trying for those packages.
I don't think for Hilton packages would be such competition, however for Hyatt it will be tough .
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Being able to buy HH at .48 cpp is a reasonably good deal for a Hilton poweruser with a near-term plan to use the points. Check your destination following the recent devaluation to that program: you may be underwhelmed at how far 100,000 points will go. That's a little more than 1 night in Manhattan or London, and I wouldn't be surprised if they use "premium room" trickery on a lot of their Maldives rooms.

I'm HH Diamond, stay at a lot of Hiltons, participate in their promos, and redeem the points in high-category, high-cost places, and I'm pretty happy if I beat 0.6 or 0.7 cpp in the new system. Hilton is preserving *some* value for their top tier members by enhancing promos and such (e.g., points inflation), but it makes a straight-out buy of a fixed number of points less attractive.

But I wouldn't lose sleep if the bots beat you to this deal on May 2nd.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:21 am

Anyone going for Choice points this year? Can't decide if it's even worth bothering with now that Choice -> Southwest transfers are effectively worthless.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by mster
Anyone going for Choice points this year? Can't decide if it's even worth bothering with now that Choice -> Southwest transfers are effectively worthless.
I hope everyone thinks like you because I want 2 sets of each. We love the choice hotels for their redemption value for us so definitely will be taking advantage of this.

I am hoping that since you cant transfer to southwest anymore it wont be as difficult as last year. fingers crossed.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by miadukes
I hope everyone thinks like you because I want 2 sets of each. We love the choice hotels for their redemption value for us so definitely will be taking advantage of this.

I am hoping that since you cant transfer to southwest anymore it wont be as difficult as last year. fingers crossed.
there seem to be fewer packages this year.

there is always the cheap backdoor to buy these points without the US DAily getaway.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: Skymiles Platinum / Alaska MVP Gold 75K
i don't seem able to be able to get the Choice points in any category. been trying since 1pm on the dot. all are on hold.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:10 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Managed to book 8 packages for people who asked for it.

But they got locked up fast.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I got 2 of the $160, 2 of the $132 and 1 of the $90 so far, still trying for more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.