Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airmiles.ca expiry

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Airmiles.ca expiry

I just found out that airmiles is going to start expiring miles that are over 5 years old starting on Dec 31 this year. I have over 10,000 miles that are going to expire with this new policy. I think it's around $3,000 worth.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get the biggest bang for your buck with airmiles?

Thanks,
Claudia
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:48 am

I say use them to fly , I have 3700 that is going to expire , don't really collect them as there not great , I heard airmiles are not going to let people know when there miles expire ,u have to find out urself.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:06 am
Original Poster

They're not telling people exactly when they expire and if I had not read it in an article, I wouldn't have known. Their website states: 'As promised when we announced our expiry policy in 2011, Collectors have the ability to find out information about Miles that might expire through our website. At any time, and as often as you wish, you can request information on Miles that might expire within the next 12 months.'

I asked them for a statement on their site.
To request an Expiry Statement, sign into airmiles.ca using your Collector number and PIN. Once you're signed in, click on the Your profile drop down menu in the top right hand corner of the screen and select View Transactions, then click on Expiry Statement. This will generate your customized email outlining the status of the Miles in your accounts, which you'll receive within 12-24 hours.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
"customized email" i.e., "some poor schmuck has to access the database and look it up" ?!
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
Airmiles.ca expiry

I hate airmiles.ca. It took 10 years to collect 600 miles shopping at Safeway... I generated that expiration date report and it says it expires end of this year. How do I spend these miles?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by schnitzer
I hate airmiles.ca. It took 10 years to collect 600 miles shopping at Safeway... I generated that expiration date report and it says it expires end of this year. How do I spend these miles?
That's probably enough for a one day car rental. Maybe a weekend rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.