Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turbo Tax - Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Turbo Tax - Miles

For those who use Turbo Tax and want to get airline miles besides using the your mileage card so far, the following airlines offer miles (that I know of) for using Turbo Tax:

Virgin America
Spirit
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:10 am

Southwest will also give you 1k points for Turbotax and points are eligible for companion pass

https://rapidrewardsshopping.southwe....htm?gmid=2493
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: VS Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Virgin Atlantic are offering 9 miles per $1 spent through their Shops Away portal.

http://shop.virgin-atlantic.com/bank...ntuit-turbotax
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:08 pm

Thanks!^^
Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:03 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

There are a few others including Marriott and Hawaiian.

http://evreward.com/store/go/3362
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by giddyforpoints
Southwest will also give you 1k points for Turbotax and points are eligible for companion pass

https://rapidrewardsshopping.southwe....htm?gmid=2493

I tried that in 2014. Wasn't worth the hassle of hunting down my miles that never posted, 4 phone calls, etc.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
You're probably better off using the various coupons that brokerages hand out. IIRC Vanguard customers get $20 off without the potential hassle of dealing with portals that may or may not pay out.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
There's a running thread in the SPAM folder about tax software discounts.

In general it is cheaper to buy the software on Amazon, Costco, or via sales - the savings is worth more than the value of the miles you might receive. Also you can prepare and store the returns on your own laptop - most of the airline offers require online preparation. This is a nonstarter for me as I don't trust the security plus I like to own my software.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:57 pm

I used HHonors portal last year and the points posted reasonably fast. I used it again this year as well.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:18 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Do you realize that except for the simplest tax returns, Turbo Tax costs way more than HR Block? The HR Block Basic does all the stuff you need the Turbo Tax Premier to do, at half the cost. Most the times the miles earned for Turbo Tax aren't worth the additional out-of-pocket cash cost.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by fti
Do you realize that except for the simplest tax returns, Turbo Tax costs way more than HR Block? The HR Block Basic does all the stuff you need the Turbo Tax Premier to do, at half the cost. Most the times the miles earned for Turbo Tax aren't worth the additional out-of-pocket cash cost.
With all due respect, I've used both products and reached a different conclusion. TaxCut missed some key deductions/credits that would have cost me some money, Turbo did not. So I find it worth a few more $$. The Turbo Deluxe ($40 on amazon) works for the vast majority except for those who have significant rental real estate, a consultancy business with expenses or perhaps significant securities trading, in which case I think Premier is probably better.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:41 pm

I've done TurboTax with Southwest before successfully.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:36 pm

Southwest

Does anyone know if it is possible to post the points into someone else's account? I am trying to help my sister get her cp on Southwest. Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I tried that in 2014. Wasn't worth the hassle of hunting down my miles that never posted, 4 phone calls, etc.
sorry you didn't have success. I've done this for at least 3 years with success each time.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:19 pm

Mine have posted, its been less than 2 weeks since I filed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.