Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Mega miles for $1 each subscriptions to Barrons and the Wall Street Journal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Mega miles for $1 each subscriptions to Barrons and the Wall Street Journal

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:34 am
Community Director Emerita

Nothing for either my husband or me. Have had notes acknowledged on both and have provided required documentation.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
nothing for me from american for barron's.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:40 pm

Nothing for me and wife from AA for WSJ. Sent email to them asking about it.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
One for four on this. Continuing to email and press for the other three. Glad to see others are doing it too. There's definitely strength in numbers on this type of issue.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:24 am

FYI - they responded to me; still looking into this, blah, blah, blah...I will not let this go; more of a matter of principle at this point! lol....
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:32 pm

Same here. Three that are missing are now all waiting for reply from company. One response said could be another four weeks.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:59 pm

One more was added this morning. So, now, two for four with two inquiries still open.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
re:

I sent Mileage Plus a email confirmation of my 2/10/16 Barrons order and got the 4-8 week response. When I called Barrons, right off the bat, the rep ask I if I was inquiring about the miles promo. Then proceeded to tell me if I canceled before 90 days I would not get the miles. Ha. I will be cancelling soon and chalk it up to not much risk for $1.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
1,200 United Miles Posted as of 4/16

Originally Posted by diceman
I sent Mileage Plus a email confirmation of my 2/10/16 Barrons order and got the 4-8 week response. When I called Barrons, right off the bat, the rep ask I if I was inquiring about the miles promo. Then proceeded to tell me if I canceled before 90 days I would not get the miles. Ha. I will be cancelling soon and chalk it up to not much risk for $1.
I received an email this morning from United MP shopping stating Barrons confirmed the order and 1,200 miles. I quickly pulled up my United account, and low and behold the 1,200 miles posted. Great $1.07 return on investment.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 12:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

I had a note from Cartera earlier this week affirming my AS points for my WSJ subscription. The points posted that day. I had a note today affirming my AA points for my Barrons subscription. I was told to allow a few weeks for it to post. It has yet to post but now I am confident that it will. I had to chase each.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:08 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
At least they finally confirmed one-Barrons. Nothing posted yet, but it always a slow process. Reminds me of the good old days when I had to copy the ticket and BP's to get credited; wait, those weren't that great.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 3:45 pm

no email for me

I think I will cancel my subscription before I forget
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:32 pm

I am writing to follow up with you about your recent missing purchase inquiry. The merchant recently alerted us that this Barron's order xxxxxxxx was approved and the reward will post soon to your account.

You should be seeing this transaction in your account within the next several weeks.

Please note on all eligible transactions done that taxes and shipping fees are not eligible to earn miles.

Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this missing purchase issue. We appreciate your continued patronage.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium
Just saw that my Barrons and WSJ purchases posted as "Pending" (for AA) sometime over the past week. I never sent in any inquiry about it.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Barrons and WSJ finally pending, but now 1&1 Internet order reversed, just like Quickbooks. Cartera is the worst, everything is a fight with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.