Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unusual, lesser known travel loyalty programs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone ever use Greyhound's program? Do any of the airport spa chain places have loyalty programs?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
There is VIA Preference, the loyalty program of VIA Rail in Canada.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:53 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I suggest that the largest unsung bank of loyalty travel points (and possibly value) may be banks' own points programs. They can be more lucrative than co-branded cards.

Then there's manufactured spending, but such techniques can apply across the board, depending on rules to curb them.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Trenitalia?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Alipay in China has a loyalty program. You earn status by using the payment service and in return they give you discounts and cashback on nearly every purchases you make.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
I collected points for a few years (cumulatively months of stays) in Rotana hotels. Stopped paying attention when I realized that 3+ months of stays (at least $25,000 in spend) resulted in enough points for almost one night in the cheapest Kuwait Rotana hotel.

Worthless program.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know of unique airport loyalty programs? I know Heathrow has one for making purchases in the airport, and Copenhagen has one for free wifi. Any others that provide notable benefits?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know of unique airport loyalty programs?
https://www.smartertravel.com/2017/0...ards-programs/ and many, many others show up in a simple Google search.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
My home airport (MCI) has a parking program for its own lots. Pretty good system: they send you a card which you use to get in and out of the lots, and you earn points for free parking days later. Best part is everything is online: both receipts for the paid days as well as a simple interface to tag your upcoming days as award days. My regular business travel earns enough points to cover all of our leisure trips.

There's also the Parking Spot nearby with its own program. But the airport program is better since I can earn on close-in parking for business trips and redeem on long-term parking a similar distance away as the Parking Spot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.