Reload this Page >

KVS Tool vs ExpertFlyer

KVS Tool vs ExpertFlyer

Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:50 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
KVS Tool vs ExpertFlyer

I am unfamiliar with both KVS tool and Expert Flyer. Do frequent flyer generally prefer one over the other? Or there are mixed opinions which depends on which features are most useful to a certain traveller? Do people see value in getting both or that would be redundant?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:16 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Both products are discussed in the Travel Tools forum, and each has a dedicated thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ew-thread.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...sk-thread.html
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:19 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Thank you! That forum will be useful. I did not know it even existed since I never saw it listed on FT page I normally access directly.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:35 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
They differ somewhat in what data is available, but more importantly how that data is obtained.

ExpertFlyer is web based, EF pays to access and publish the availability displayed. Very reliable and no features that I know of have been removed or unavailable at any point.

KVS is a windows application which scrapes data from various websites, sometimes using login information you provide to perform award searches (which you could do yourself for free on those websites). You are not actually paying for the data, but rather for the tool which needs constant updates so that it can scrape the data from websites as they're updated. The options available can change or disappear completely if the website owners change/remove the ability for KVS to scrape their data (often illegally against their website T&C's).
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:43 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

As mia has provided links to this topic in other forums, I'm going to close this threa.

Thank you,

MileageAddict

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.