Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DAS02135
Print Wikipost

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:15 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I'm hoping they have one last promo for Super Bowl. I mean, how can you have an NFL-focused promo all season long and then ignore the grand finale?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Originally Posted by Calculon
We won't, unless they create more promotions. There's nothing in the terms (that I read) which said that 45,000 points' worth of opportunities will be offered. Just that you can't earn more than that many during the year. Could just be an arbitrary cap to keep someone from earning too much if they figure out a way to game the promotion.
Exactly. This is what I got as a DM on Twitter:

The limit was raised since there will be more opportunities to earn a higher amount of points going forward. It doesn't necessarily mean that it will be possible to earn the maximum per year. The goal was to set it high enough that no one will be cut off from participation.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by panka
Exactly. This is what I got as a DM on Twitter:

The limit was raised since there will be more opportunities to earn a higher amount of points going forward. It doesn't necessarily mean that it will be possible to earn the maximum per year. The goal was to set it high enough that no one will be cut off from participation.
This is a fairly clear indication that there will not in fact be an opportunity to actually earn 45,000 in a year.

However, this has still been an impressive promotion, and I hope it continues.

BTW, I am now sitting on my sea facing balcony at the Protea Edward in Durban (only a Cat. 1, but nice and superb value for 7,500 points), entirely paid for by tweeting. I also have enough from this promotion alone for a second Cat. 1 or 2 night, which I will probably use on my East Coast USA road trip in November.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with the team effort on this promo.
ankomonkey and panka like this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Could just be an arbitrary cap to keep someone from earning too much if they figure out a way to game the promotion.
Or it could be a number they tossed out to draw attention to the promo & generate interest, while knowing they have no intention of ever providing enough opportunities to actually hit 45k.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just booked two nights in a Cat-3 (on point saver) in Capetown for 20k points. Two years of tweeting is paying off! And they say there's no free lunch.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Whowouldanewman

Or it could be a number they tossed out to draw attention to the promo & generate interest, while knowing they have no intention of ever providing enough opportunities to actually hit 45k.
Fine by me. I would have participated regardless of the maximum number they used or marketed, and their Twitter promotions have been pretty generous.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:29 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Fine by me. I would have participated regardless of the maximum number they used or marketed, and their Twitter promotions have been pretty generous.
This.

Marriott has been incredibly generous thus far. I just wish they did more of the daily tweets. Even the 25 pointers were fun.

1000 points once a week is awesome, but boring from an interactivity standpoint.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I completely agree. Between my wife and I we earned more points then I would ever expect to earn from interacting on Twitter. I’m just pointing out possible reasons for a 45k max, which likely won’t be achieved by anyone.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:23 am

I’m just hoping these Twitter promos don’t disappear like those Facebook promos they had a few years ago.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
January is over, and I still have not seen any promo from Marriott.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:32 am

It would be a nice surprise if they did something for Super Bowl Sunday to end off the foot bowl season.
MileageAddict and danbnash like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
It would be a nice surprise if they did something for Super Bowl Sunday to end off the foot bowl season.
There is definitely something planned for today based on their twitter responses! Time to get ready
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by atprabhu
There is definitely something planned for today based on their twitter responses! Time to get ready
Excellent
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:58 am

Ohh great.
Since I don’t Twitter, I rely on all the good people here to keep me informed.
So again thank you all.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They are going to be doing it throughout the game:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.