Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 3, 18, 8:57 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: DAS02135
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 22, 18, 5:15 am
  #2041  
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 14,182
I'm hoping they have one last promo for Super Bowl. I mean, how can you have an NFL-focused promo all season long and then ignore the grand finale?
MileageAddict is offline  
Old Jan 22, 18, 6:44 am
  #2042  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Posts: 119
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
We won't, unless they create more promotions. There's nothing in the terms (that I read) which said that 45,000 points' worth of opportunities will be offered. Just that you can't earn more than that many during the year. Could just be an arbitrary cap to keep someone from earning too much if they figure out a way to game the promotion.
Exactly. This is what I got as a DM on Twitter:

The limit was raised since there will be more opportunities to earn a higher amount of points going forward. It doesn't necessarily mean that it will be possible to earn the maximum per year. The goal was to set it high enough that no one will be cut off from participation.
panka is offline  
Old Jan 23, 18, 9:23 am
  #2043  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bregenz, Austria
Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Posts: 2,950
Originally Posted by panka View Post
Exactly. This is what I got as a DM on Twitter:

The limit was raised since there will be more opportunities to earn a higher amount of points going forward. It doesn't necessarily mean that it will be possible to earn the maximum per year. The goal was to set it high enough that no one will be cut off from participation.
This is a fairly clear indication that there will not in fact be an opportunity to actually earn 45,000 in a year.

However, this has still been an impressive promotion, and I hope it continues.

BTW, I am now sitting on my sea facing balcony at the Protea Edward in Durban (only a Cat. 1, but nice and superb value for 7,500 points), entirely paid for by tweeting. I also have enough from this promotion alone for a second Cat. 1 or 2 night, which I will probably use on my East Coast USA road trip in November.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with the team effort on this promo.
ankomonkey and panka like this.
The_Bouncer is offline  
Old Jan 23, 18, 11:56 pm
  #2044  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 191
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Could just be an arbitrary cap to keep someone from earning too much if they figure out a way to game the promotion.
Or it could be a number they tossed out to draw attention to the promo & generate interest, while knowing they have no intention of ever providing enough opportunities to actually hit 45k.
Whowouldanewman is offline  
Old Jan 23, 18, 11:57 pm
  #2045  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SIN
Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG
Posts: 1,094
I just booked two nights in a Cat-3 (on point saver) in Capetown for 20k points. Two years of tweeting is paying off! And they say there's no free lunch.
solewalker is offline  
Old Jan 24, 18, 9:38 am
  #2046  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Posts: 902
Originally Posted by Whowouldanewman View Post


Or it could be a number they tossed out to draw attention to the promo & generate interest, while knowing they have no intention of ever providing enough opportunities to actually hit 45k.
Fine by me. I would have participated regardless of the maximum number they used or marketed, and their Twitter promotions have been pretty generous.
Calculon is offline  
Old Jan 24, 18, 11:29 pm
  #2047  
formerly chrisbarnett01
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 349
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Fine by me. I would have participated regardless of the maximum number they used or marketed, and their Twitter promotions have been pretty generous.
This.

Marriott has been incredibly generous thus far. I just wish they did more of the daily tweets. Even the 25 pointers were fun.

1000 points once a week is awesome, but boring from an interactivity standpoint.
Hairbus380 is offline  
Old Jan 25, 18, 7:10 am
  #2048  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 191
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Fine by me. I would have participated regardless of the maximum number they used or marketed, and their Twitter promotions have been pretty generous.
I completely agree. Between my wife and I we earned more points then I would ever expect to earn from interacting on Twitter. Im just pointing out possible reasons for a 45k max, which likely wont be achieved by anyone.
Whowouldanewman is offline  
Old Jan 25, 18, 7:23 am
  #2049  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,788
I’m just hoping these Twitter promos don’t disappear like those Facebook promos they had a few years ago.
YoungBubbie is offline  
Old Feb 2, 18, 4:27 am
  #2050  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Posts: 119
January is over, and I still have not seen any promo from Marriott.
panka is offline  
Old Feb 2, 18, 4:32 am
  #2051  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,788
It would be a nice surprise if they did something for Super Bowl Sunday to end off the foot bowl season.
MileageAddict and danbnash like this.
YoungBubbie is offline  
Old Feb 4, 18, 8:20 am
  #2052  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Programs: Marriott Rewards
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie View Post
It would be a nice surprise if they did something for Super Bowl Sunday to end off the foot bowl season.
There is definitely something planned for today based on their twitter responses! Time to get ready
atprabhu is offline  
Old Feb 4, 18, 8:50 am
  #2053  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 2,063
Originally Posted by atprabhu View Post
There is definitely something planned for today based on their twitter responses! Time to get ready
Excellent
goldencondor is offline  
Old Feb 4, 18, 8:58 am
  #2054  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,788
Ohh great.
Since I don’t Twitter, I rely on all the good people here to keep me informed.
So again thank you all.
YoungBubbie is offline  
Old Feb 4, 18, 11:01 am
  #2055  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SIN
Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG
Posts: 1,094
They are going to be doing it throughout the game:

solewalker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread