FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DAS02135
Print Wikipost

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DJSchokolade
Thanks. I got it to work now. It's weird though, that #ACHotelsChicago worked for a day before stopped working. Probably someone at Marriott had a typo or something.

Sorry I am not super familiar with Twitter, how does this work? I went to https://twitter.com/MarriottRewards but most of the tweets are not relevant for points.
Try searching #MRpoints on twitter. You should see a bunch of this:

Your entry was successful. #mrpoints on 12/22/15 at 23:25:14 GMT https://mrpoints.chirpify.com/user/dashboard
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by rownada
Yes, I think there is a #mrpoints #mrfestive photo contest that earns you up to 75 points per day for three photo tweets / 150 points max per lifetime.
That worked for me - thanks for posting!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Yes, I think there is a #mrpoints #mrfestive photo contest that earns you up to 75 points per day for three photo tweets / 150 points max per lifetime.
Thanks for sharing. ^
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:00 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Awesome! Works great! Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:06 pm

Thanks. I got mine.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by DJSchokolade
Sorry I am not super familiar with Twitter, how does this work? I went to https://twitter.com/MarriottRewards but most of the tweets are not relevant for points.

When you tweet or retweet the hashtags, you should get an automated reply from the @Marriottrewards twitter account:

"Your #MRpoints post was successful! mrpoints.chirpify.com/user/dashboard"

And also an instant email confirming you have received 50 points.

Obviously make sure your Twitter account is tied into Chirpify and that the 'follow' option is selected in your Chirpify account.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:23 am

Can you retweet?

*edit* OK, it does work with retweets because my first attempt worked and I got the 25 points. However, since this is actually a photo competition I undid that one and did my own photos for the other two. Not that I have any interest in winning - just the points!

Last edited by goldencondor; Dec 23, 2015 at 2:33 am
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Seems like a new one:

#mrpoints #mrfestive and a photo and you will get 25 points and be entered into a photo competition. Tweet three photos a day (the daily limit) and three photos the next day for a maximum of 150 points (you can’t earn more than that, so it’s six tweets maximum)
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Seems like a new one:

#mrpoints #mrfestive and a photo and you will get 25 points and be entered into a photo competition. Tweet three photos a day (the daily limit) and three photos the next day for a maximum of 150 points (you can’t earn more than that, so it’s six tweets maximum)
Yes, we know - that's my post from headforpoints.com this morning. I read about #mrfestive in this thread and posted over there. You've pasted it here. He he
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Seems like a new one:

Looks like 24 hour rule applies.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:43 am

How did you find out by the way? Was it in a Marriot mail out?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Originally Posted by goldencondor
How did you find out by the way? Was it in a Marriot mail out?
I found it by looking out for unusual replies by @marriottrewards

Not subscribed to any Marriott mail out at all
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:21 am

I found it by looking out for unusual replies by @marriottrewards

Not subscribed to any Marriott mail out at all
Thanks!

*edit* tried tweeting my second batch of three #mrfestive photos this morning but I keep getting messages that I have already hit the contest limit. 24 hours have gone by so it should work. Maybe they have changed the rules so you can only submit a max of three rather than six?

Last edited by goldencondor; Dec 24, 2015 at 2:38 am
Old Dec 24, 2015, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Thanks!

*edit* tried tweeting my second batch of three #mrfestive photos this morning but I keep getting messages that I have already hit the contest limit. 24 hours have gone by so it should work. Maybe they have changed the rules so you can only submit a max of three rather than six?
Same thing happened to me on the second batch...
Old Dec 24, 2015, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by sheri723
Same thing happened to me on the second batch...
Ditto here. Tried yesterday and failed thinking the 24 hour rule so tried again this morning and nothing.
Oh well waiting for the next one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.