Search
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DAS02135
Print Wikipost

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:26 am

It's an automated email that hasn't been updated to show the new annual max of 45,000. I also got an instant tweet response saying that the promotion ended. This was for the #MembersGetIt 50 pts/day promo.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by viracocha
Have not been getting the 50 points since Sunday.
If Marriott wants our eyes on their Twitter account, and I think they do, hopefully they will reinstitute the 50 daily points soon. Intermittent positive reinforcement only works if the rat does get the reward enough of the time when pressing the bar. After too many days without the 50 point reward, the rat will start to lose interest.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Maykita
I think there was a glitch where if you tweeted during a certain time frame on Sunday you did not get credit the first time. I believe this is what happened to me. Marriott figured it out and retroactively credited people whose tweets had a time stamp in that range. Again, this fits with my experience: nothing on Sunday, 1,000 on Wednesday. My theory is that the people who got the extra 1,000 were people who figured out on Sunday that they hadn't been credited and tweeted multiple times, eventually triggering the auto credit. They then had their (uncredited) tweet caught in the retroactive sweep and got another 1,000. Marriott may have tried to filter out those who had already received credit but did this manually (haphazardly and imperfectly), so some lucked out.
I partially agree on this analysis...On Sunday i did not get the 1000 points immediately so i have responded with multiple tweets and sent a inquiry. After 2 hrs on Sunday i got the 1000. On Tuesday they have requested if I got my points...I did not respond considering that i got the 1000. But today when i checked the rewards account...voila! another 1000 credited into my account. Thank You Marriott. Even if they reverse...this is a great promotion from Marriott
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:08 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
If Marriott wants our eyes on their Twitter account, and I think they do, hopefully they will reinstitute the 50 daily points soon. Intermittent positive reinforcement only works if the rat does get the reward enough of the time when pressing the bar. After too many days without the 50 point reward, the rat will start to lose interest.
Well, this thread has been going strong for over 2 years, and there have been several times where there was no hashtag promotion(aka, no twitter points) for months at a time. The fact that the daily tweet for 50 points continued for so long was likely an error, and has never happened before.

To elaborate on the 1000 "bonus" points:

The NFL promotion had the promise of 2050 points, spread out over a week. 1000 on Sunday, 50 on Friday, and another 1000 on Sunday. The "daily" 50 points was left turned on the entire time, and should have only been active Friday. Sunday, when people were not getting their 1000, Marriott realized the 50 points was still active, and disabled it. A few hours later, they turned the 1000 on. Anyone that tweeted after that time was credited, if you tweeted prior to the cutoff.

They went back and retroactively credited every tweet for 1000 that occurred between the time the promo started, and the time they turned the 1000 on. Those of us who tweeted repeatedly, and did not delete them, got credited twice.

It is not the first time they have retroactively credited a tweet, and accidentally credited some accounts twice. September 1, they had a 150 point tweet. It was delayed, and I was credited twice for it, just as I was this time for the 1000.

Now, with all of that having been said, I am still watching the test accounts. They are sly, and have some new ones. But I still watch, and if I see a new hashtag that has not been mentioned before? I will post about it, just as I have for 2 years.
Ismilee, nangress and panka like this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:24 pm

People who deleted their tweets prior to the update around 7pm still got 2000 pts?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Tilly71
People who deleted their tweets prior to the update around 7pm still got 2000 pts?
Me for one.

Last edited by goldencondor; Sep 28, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:00 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Then they must have put each tweet in a queue at the time it was tweeted, and credited it later.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Hairbus380
Well, this thread has been going strong for over 2 years, and there have been several times where there was no hashtag promotion(aka, no twitter points) for months at a time. The fact that the daily tweet for 50 points continued for so long was likely an error, and has never happened before.

To elaborate on the 1000 "bonus" points:

The NFL promotion had the promise of 2050 points, spread out over a week. 1000 on Sunday, 50 on Friday, and another 1000 on Sunday. The "daily" 50 points was left turned on the entire time, and should have only been active Friday. Sunday, when people were not getting their 1000, Marriott realized the 50 points was still active, and disabled it. A few hours later, they turned the 1000 on. Anyone that tweeted after that time was credited, if you tweeted prior to the cutoff.

They went back and retroactively credited every tweet for 1000 that occurred between the time the promo started, and the time they turned the 1000 on. Those of us who tweeted repeatedly, and did not delete them, got credited twice.

It is not the first time they have retroactively credited a tweet, and accidentally credited some accounts twice. September 1, they had a 150 point tweet. It was delayed, and I was credited twice for it, just as I was this time for the 1000.

Now, with all of that having been said, I am still watching the test accounts. They are sly, and have some new ones. But I still watch, and if I see a new hashtag that has not been mentioned before? I will post about it, just as I have for 2 years.

For you newcomers, we old timers owe a lot to Hairbus. It’s through his due diligence of keeping us informed that we have earned thousands of MR points.

So once again I want to truly thank him, as I know, I would never have been able to navigate through this twitter stuff without his help.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
For you newcomers, we old timers owe a lot to Hairbus. It’s through his due diligence of keeping us informed that we have earned thousands of MR points.

So once again I want to truly thank him, as I know, I would never have been able to navigate through this twitter stuff without his help.
Absolutely agree.😀 Well said.
MileageAddict likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:07 am

Many thanks Hairbus! 😉
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

+1. Also thanks to everyone else who has shared info. I'm halfway to a Cat. 1 night, just from a couple of weeks of mindless tweets.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
+1. Also thanks to everyone else who has shared info. I'm halfway to a Cat. 1 night, just from a couple of weeks of mindless tweets.
Now if they would only bring back a Facebook promo, we could double our fun.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:09 am

@marriottRewards has finally switched off the #FindYourRoute promo. Curiously they tweeted 100 users overnight with this message:

"Surprise! Here's 1,000 #RewardsPoints (membership has perks). "

Someone mentioned it the other week. I assume it's member anniversary/birthday related or something.

Last edited by goldencondor; Sep 29, 2017 at 6:14 am
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:49 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Marriott confirmed on twitter that they have "paused" the 50 point promotion, and in another tweet they confirmed they will be turning it on again in the future.

Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Originally Posted by Hairbus380
Marriott confirmed on twitter that they have "paused" the 50 point promotion, and in another tweet they confirmed they will be turning it on again in the future.

https://twitter.com/MarriottRewards/...58445417295872

https://twitter.com/MarriottRewards/...58891485769728
I assume here they confirmed that they paused the #MRPoints promotion, which was foreseeable with the introduction of the #RewardsPoints promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.