Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update your Starwood SPG profile and earn 500 points

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:21 am

Posted!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Also posted!
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by flguy
still nothing on mine, I guess I am not getting them,
+1 .... I must have done something wrong .... another lump of coal for Christmas ....
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:38 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
+1 .... I must have done something wrong .... another lump of coal for Christmas ....
You're not alone. Nothing for me either!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Got mine as well. Took about 3 weeks
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:33 am

It took a good four weeks for me but I've got the points now as well.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, this sucks. As of 31 December the points hadn't posted and today when I tried to log in, I was instructed to call customer services because of lack of activity. I did and they restored my account but the points are gone. It's only 2740 points, but if the 500 points had posted as it did for others, my account wouldn't have zeroed out. No warning at all from Starwood.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Nada for me and Mr. Fink as well. I have screenshots of each step (registration, updating the account etc) but I just don't know if I can face the hassle of calling in for a measly 500 points. Sigh.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:21 pm

Mine posted without issue.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Just an FYI for anyone who's points, like mine, haven't posted. I called SPG just now and, after some checking, the rep told me the bonus points had to be posted manually and they were swamped but doing them in batches and trying to catch up. They hoped to get through them in the next couple of weeks. She said if I didn't see them by the end of the month, to call back.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:00 pm
hco

Programs: SAS *G

Thanks Finkface.

Mine have not posted. Will wait until end of January then!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:52 pm

Another update. Still no points posted as of tonight. I called (I had to call for something else anyway) and was told they are still backlogged and to check my account again on Monday. If not posted Monday, I should call back again. This is getting a bit ridiculous for 500 points.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:15 am
hco

same here - no points
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:52 pm
hco

Still no points. Chatted with SPG today about it. Conclusion: the chat agent escalated the issue for someone to look into.

TBC =)
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:49 pm

Well call me persistent (or stupid) but I am now on call number 12 over the past 2 months about these measly 500 points. I wouldn't care except I want them to keep my balance from expiring as I haven't had any activity in awhile.

Every single rep says the same thing after putting me on a lengthy hold: it is absolutely done, you'll see the points in your account in 2-3 days. 10 days later - no points. Next rep, same thing. Rinse and repeat. I just laugh now when they tell me that the previous rep didn't do it right but they have definitely taken care of it, as the one 5 minutes ago told me yet again.

By far, the worst ever customer service I have ever encountered. Obviously this is a valid promo as some accounts are credited just fine and they can see the correct activity that earned the points. How hard can it be for a CS rep to credit 500 stupid points to an account?

The worst!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.